• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So, when did the nut swinging begin?

yes those were the good ol days. seems like I a lot less **** to worry about then. I wanna hear a little more about the flipping it on top of the tj :****: haven't heard that story

SHELBS44 said:
yes those were the good ol days. seems like I a lot less **** to worry about then. I wanna hear a little more about the flipping it on top of the tj :****: haven't heard that story

That's right, they were and lots have changed since, some for better and some for worse.

As for the TJ, there was a Los Primos comp that day and there was a red tj parked to the left side of primos below the ledge and on the bypass. One of the competitors rolled off the ledge and landed on top of the TJ with the people still inside it. Tempers flared and no apologies were extended and it carried on into the night. Randy went to the camp of the roller by himself to settle it down and that's when me and the "A" team showed up as back up for Randy and upon arriving, Steven's brother fell out of the back drunk and into the grill and chicken flying. IT was worse than free chicken day at KFC in Detroit... **** WAS FUNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. He jumped up like a cat, but by that time the damage was already done. Damn that was funny, still laughing right now with that visual in my head.
Oh, everyone was ok in the vehicles.

Quote author=CHASMAN9 link=topic=41598.msg509472#msg509472 date=1435091505]

I believe Steven Oneal bought it from him and I don't think I would classify him in that category, maybe a drunken moment in time as myself, Mike G, and Stevens brother did some late night testing of this beast. This was the time that the buggy rolled on top of the red tj on Los Primos and all hell broke loose. He's a great guy for sure. :dblthumb:
[/quote]

Greg that was my red tj and Jessica was setting in the passenger seat when he decided he was done waiting in line and decided to climb Los primos and flipped onto the passenger side of my jeep.

I remember the days of jellico with Keith thrownberry and Bryan cole and Darryl jones mark Phillips, and mark ??? trashing leaf springs on a regular basis and spitting 205 transfer cases out often and that was back in 1993ish on the power lines in summertown on a hill called Babie. Same time as we decided it would be cool to have mud drags at the rooser roundup on monteagle mountain right next to the hotel.

But lower 2 at tellico is when the beat downs and crowds showing up to watch the rock garden beat downs that started occurring there. IMO. Adam Woodley needs to chime in. Beatdowns back in Cowan even before tellico comes to mind also.

Dammit man. That was the good old days. Same weekend I saw dibbles Old rig I flipped my buddy's cj cutting donuts right next to camp. Good times. He got me back laid mine over on copperhead the next day

5BrothersFabrication said:
With Jon-Jon.

index.php

molaugh

hqdefault.jpg

Elliott said:
The bug mashing phrase started on pirate, with tc and fat girl, I think it was on the thread about Los primos when he come out the side and almost hit a guy holding his daughter.

Is you talking about when he launched the Green Goblin at the first RBD comp? That was 2010 and he almost hit us. LOL. A girl from Jawja was the one that fell down, and Brett Ezelle grabbed her (mainly cause she was cute), but after it was over, I grabbed her butt, making sure there was no poop in there. It wasn't.

CHASMAN9 said:
Frankie Fountain. Anybody got a location on him? Heard some demons got ahold of him for a while. :dunno:

After Dan's buggy and a few others, he dabbled in FJ80 Land Cruiser stuff. And it was AWESOME but the market just wasn't big enough for it. He also did a lot of custom guns and competitions for them. Last I heard he was still around Rainbow City, just laying low. Haven't seen him in years. I knew him from the Cruiser stuff, but always seemed awesome to me.

nhl_bullitt said:
Odd location for the rig to be parked? Hanging over the corner of a pool. :dunno:

Dam and of all pools I didn't even get a services call? :wtflol: molaugh

Chris Durham also put a beating on his rig in the early days. Sucks I can't find any good old video of him.

No, it was when he first got fat girl going, there was a video floating around on you tube of him sliding back and forth thrashing in it, this was before all the launching up it happened, probably 07 or so. But the phrase came from someone saying he drove like he had a bug under his pedal he was trying to kill. I can still remember laughing about when I read it. It's amazing to think back at how everyone thought those type of thrashings were so bad back then,now with the bigger axles and better parts, these buggies are 10 times stronger and take beatings that we would have thought would have never been possible.

Re: Re: So, when did the nut swinging begin?

sledneck said:
Chris Durham also put a beating on his rig in the early days. Sucks I can't find any good old video of him.
I remember dial up downloading small grainy videos of Dan Dibble in the fountian buggy and Chris Durham launching lines in crawling comps before I had a driver license

Elliott said:
No, it was when he first got fat girl going, there was a video floating around on you tube of him sliding back and forth thrashing in it, this was before all the launching up it happened, probably 07 or so. But the phrase came from someone saying he drove like he had a bug under his pedal he was trying to kill. I can still remember laughing about when I read it. It's amazing to think back at how everyone thought those type of thrashings were so bad back then,now with the bigger axles and better parts, these buggies are 10 times stronger and take beatings that we would have thought would have never been possible.
Tim Cameron in Fat Girl on Los Primos, 502 RAMJET

zukimaster said:
I thought nut swinging started when I actually used 2nd gear to climb V-notch! :flipoff1:

Remember that one time I turned off my phone video camera 5 minutes into your crawl on boat ramp? What was that? Four? maybe Five? months ago?

Not very often you see a 20 year old kid driving a buggy of that caliber.
Speaking of older topics. The other day I just read through the whole thread of the CroWall **** talking. It was definitely entertaining to read and pretty badass watching the videos of TC and Jojo climbing it. 8)

Jduck said:
Probably when TC did the wheelie in fatgirl, or the beat down on Los primos with it. I remember at the time that was some insane stuff. Nowadays that's just an afternoon stroll.

x2

kmcminn said:
I agree the old King of the Hill were great. Remember some guy in a Rockwell buggy giving it hell with a flat. I had seen him at Grayrock he never let out. Then JAB getting dqed for going out of course.

Times gone by and good times they were :drinkers: there was a lot of talk about cones that day and I just thought not running over them was a win !

nhl_bullitt said:
Not very often you see a 20 year old kid driving a buggy of that caliber.
Speaking of older topics. The other day I just read through the whole thread of the CroWall **** talking. It was definitely entertaining to read and pretty badass watching the videos of TC and Jojo climbing it. 8)

That really was a tough rock, it was short but was straight up.