• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Solo Buggy Build by Wide Open Design, Adam Woodlee

Woodlee said:
I get you guys up some Cad pics pretty quick as well as the play by play of the chassis going together.

Now that Bj's **** box is out of the way..............................................

umadadab.jpg

tusere2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my left thumb.

I really like how he did the door bars. Will this one have skins or be left open? Can't wait to see more progress :dblthumb:

Sweet! :afro: flashemifyougotem How wide is the chassis? It looks a little wider than I was expecting but it's really hard to tell from the pictures.

Blase said:
Sweet! :afro: flashemifyougotem How wide is the chassis? It looks a little wider than I was expecting but it's really hard to tell from the pictures.

I got to check it out in person yesterday, awesome looking single seater.

It's a bit wider than most of the old single seaters that were built for rock crawling comps. Looks like it would be comfortable for all day trail rides with enough room to lean and look around without bumping your elbows on tubes all day

It will be skinned, but no hood. Just an engine cradle. It is 38" wide, same as my last single seater at the shoulders. Only 10" narrower than a two seat comp buggy (48"). So lots of room inside. No need for arms resting on bars, which is a huge safety issue, IMO.

Got a few pics today.

Reusing the gas tank from the old buggy.
ge9a8ygu.jpg

Got the radiator mounted. Another item used off the old Single Seater.
ugabejus.jpg

Mount for the Atlas transfer case. Also a safety guard as the sat is sitting right on the drive shaft. This guard and 1/4" aluminum floor pan in this area should give the safety factor needed from the drive shaft.
dyzeda2y.jpg

Wow, how cool it this. The door came out great. Adam sure has talent.
qehasy3y.jpg

Front shock hoop.
te8a7epa.jpg

Engine mounts and headers installed.
4y2ehuny.jpg

Headers barely fit!
tabazume.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk with my left thumb.