• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spinoff-Lets see your dinghy!

CHASMAN9 said:
We are thinking about making the trip over the 4th of July but do not know how long it would take at that pace to get from point A to B. How long does it take? Maybe even stay at Haletown floaters. :dunno:

We made the trip in about 6 hours. We were stopping every 30 minutes or so for pee breaks for the women and beer breaks for the men. We also stopped for about an hour right after we went through the lock at Nickajack to refuel and eat lunch.

If you haven't made this trip before, it is well worth it.

WHIZARD said:
We made the trip in about 6 hours. We were stopping every 30 minutes or so for pee breaks for the women and beer breaks for the men. We also stopped for about an hour right after we went through the lock at Nickajack to refuel and eat lunch.

If you haven't made this trip before, it is well worth it.

That's good to know because it shows 106 miles from A to B on G'earth. Just trying to figure out marinas/ stops along the way and how much time to float around on the way. Might have to make a beer/ fuel stop along the way, or 10! :****:

CHASMAN9 said:
Never been to it but heard it's awesome. Picked up my Donzi up there and CAN understand why that place is so populated. Like the OUTBACK restaraunt logo says, "No Rules, Just Right" flashemifyougotem :cougar: :dblthumb:

Think the water gets too rough for a 19.5 inboard ski boat that sits 18 inches out of the water?

DirtRoads said:
Think the water gets too rough for a 19.5 inboard ski boat that sits 18 inches out of the water?

I am seriously considering bringing my 21' 2001 Super Air Nautique. I know it sits higher and longer, but still a comparison.

DirtRoads said:

Hmmm, she's really down there. You should be fine because there are lots of coves to get away from the big stuff and the river is not that wide at Osage beach.

CHASMAN9 said:
Hmmm, she's really down there. You should be fine because there are lots of coves to get away from the big stuff and the river is not that wide at Osage beach.

ibrokeit said:
I am seriously considering bringing my 21' 2001 Super Air Nautique. I know it sits higher and longer, but still a comparison.

Ok cool. I've had it out on Pickwick lake in some really nasty storms and it was only marginally scary, I just put a jacket on, made a cocktail and powered through. She's closed bow so that makes a HUGE difference. I'm not worried about the wake from the race, just all of the spectators moving around.

So..hardline meetup at LOTO shootout???

DirtRoads said:
Ok cool. I've had it out on Pickwick lake in some really nasty storms and it was only marginally scary, I just put a jacket on, made a cocktail and powered through. She's closed bow so that makes a HUGE difference. I'm not worried about the wake from the race, just all of the spectators moving around.

So..hardline meetup at LOTO shootout???

WOW, don't throw that teaser out there. It's only a 10 hour drive and WELL worth it. :****:

CHASMAN9 said:
WOW, don't throw that teaser out there. It's only a 10 hour drive and WELL worth it. :****:

Consider the teaser thrown. I've got myself and a few buddies interested. I'm coming from Memphis, they're coming from Nashville. Would this go in the general discussion section or trail ride section? Let's do it :driving: :woot:

DirtRoads said:
Consider the teaser thrown. I've got myself and a few buddies interested. I'm coming from Memphis, they're coming from Nashville. Would this go in the general discussion section or trail ride section? Let's do it :driving: :woot:

Let me know if y'all throw out a date. I've got a buddy out there that might be able to hook us up with a place to stay and play in Osage. :dblthumb:

Re:

If you like watching the go fast boats and partying (who doesn't lol) then the lake Cumberland poker run is well worth checking out too. They have one in the summer and one in the fall. The wife and I may be going down this fall. I think it's usually the first weekend in september

Just picked it up today. Gonna put it on the water for the first time tomorrow after work.
f69a5800998ecd6ae27f1778bef5fc26.jpg

74 Restored Prowler Twin BBMC
I cant claim it. Its the girlfriend's dads. Been in the family since new. Her grandfather and father are famous on Lake Lanier. Her grandpa started Holiday Marina, her dad Started Lazy Days. Very cool heritage :****: I have basically taken over the boat by maintaining it. Not a bad gig!
188C288B-BBD2-4228-8BE0-BEE3031B9AFC_zpssrvnfhrv.png

Re:

Make sure your bilge pump is working! My boat has never took in water at all, so never knew if mine worked, yesterday at the lake, cruising back to the dock, my alarm went off and it was 225 degrees, raised the cover, and water was almost at the spark plugs! My raw water pump hose busted. Glad I was real close to the docks.
4e72e6e59cd22329c4090759d6a6f84a.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Auburn to Lake Martin and back yesterday. Auburn to Lay Lake and back today. Expensive weekend. And I will never be back to Lay in a boat I own.

alrider said:
Why no more Lay Lake?? Hit a stump or 4??

Lets see. Launched the boat (v-drive with a brand new acme prop) into mud. Pulled trailer out and mud on the prop guard. Had to leave the slough with only me in the boat because of, you guessed it, hitting bottom. Then I had to follow the others pontoon on a random route around all these islands, even though there was ACRES of water to my left, because all that water is full of stumps. You could see them sticking out of the water. Craziest thing I have ever seen. Then we made it out to the "big water" and there were 4398742783 boats. Then coming back to the house, same thing. Had to unload everybody from my boat onto the pontoon. Also, a V-drive doesn't steer AT ALL as soon as the hull touches mud.

Glad to call Lake Martin my home lake after that. I was a nervous wreck.