• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stoney lonesome

Makes me want a single seater even more...

'till then I'll continue being a seatbelt nazi.

Sucks for him, but I fimly beleive in no drinking while driving.

This is a bad deal all around, but if the girl had been a minor I could see this being a airtight case, but she was 21? I think, she chose not to put her seat belt on and get in with a drunk, but everybody wants to blame the park etc.

zukimaster said:
This is a bad deal all around, but if the girl had been a minor I could see this being a airtight case, but she was 21? I think, she chose not to put her seat belt on and get in with a drunk, but everybody wants to blame the park etc.

X3.

Im not about to quote the last 3 post so...yall are crazy. The driver is at fault no matter how old the person is in the other seat. Doesn't matter if she is 12 or 21, drunk or sober. The driver is in control of the rig. The driver is in charge of who wears seat belts and other saftey equipment.

bbone said:
Im not about to quote the last 3 post so...yall are crazy. The driver is at fault no matter how old the person is in the other seat. Doesn't matter if she is 12 or 21, drunk or sober. The driver is in control of the rig. The driver is in charge or who wears seat belts and other saftey equipment.

I agree...He's the one who caused the accident. Her being drunk or her age has nothing with her death. It squarely falls on him.

So a 21 year old has no accountability? I agree that it is a whole lot more fault than hers, just saying a person has got to use common sense. She chose to get in with a drunk, she chose not to put a seat belt on.

In a rig I require the passenger to put on a belt, in my truck on the road I don't, I don't like that they don't have it on but I wouldn't complain about it. Again it's a bad situation.

ForMud said:
Her being drunk and not wearing a seat belt didn't cause her death......His driving did.....He bears 100% responsibly.
so, what's your argument when all these sober people are getting hurt or killed by not wearing there seatbelt?

zukimaster said:
so, what's your argument when all these sober people are getting hurt or killed by not wearing there seatbelt?

Still the same....It's the accident that causes the death/injury. = Driver responibly

Explain how her being drunk or not wearing her seat belt caused her own death ( Without using the words "might" or "if" )

With out the accident ( Not her fault, the drivers ) she would be alive.

ForMud said:
Still the same....It's the accident that causes the death/injury. = Driver responibly

Explain how her being drunk or not wearing her seat belt caused her own death ( Without using the words "might" or "if" )

With out the accident ( Not her fault, the drivers ) she would be alive.

Her drunk ass could have ridden with someone else or buckled up and saved her life as well. Final say was up to the driver, but let's all agree that this is a terrible situation that could have happened to almost anyone at some point in her life and not bicker over coulda woulda shoulda

I make sure my passengers buckle up before we take off but whose to say she didn't take it off real quick to grab her phone because she wanted to get a selfie with this dude. Is her seatbelt supposed to get his undivided attention instead of paying attention to the task at hand. Not trying to be a **** or say it's the case in this scenario but it would suck to be facing man slaughter charges over a situation like that which is entirely possible.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Stoney lonesome

dwa2469 said:
Had she put on her seatbelt, she would be alive today. (no might or if)
Yup 100%....shitload of people roll over every weekend like that. The reason they don't die is bc they chose to wear their seatbelts/harnesses.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FB thread a guy that was there/adjacent to the group said she was told repeatedly to put it on but kept refusing or taking it off. Sad deal. Makes me think about having a few riding and ever having passengers. I typically don't ever have anyone ride with me but need to get a single seater to assure it. Whether sober or not, lots of liability

Its all hearsay because I wasn't there but if the (lets call it rumors) that I have heard is true everyone will understand. "rumors" is said drunk guy was so drunk he couldn't stand up outside of the rzr and was doing doughnuts when said accident happen. If those are true he is more than 100% at fault. If you was there and know differently I am more than glad to erase all of this and apply "I am a dumbass and apologize in its place". :flipoff1:

The main thing to take from this is accident or not, your wishes or not, if you take someone into your ride you have alcohol on your breath, drugs in your system and an accident happens chances are their family not your friend is going to bring the lawsuits and ask for the arrest. Its the world we live in today.

Re: Re: Stoney lonesome

muddinmetal said:
Ol boy went from thinking about getting laid to sitting in jail. Because of a seatbelt... It isn't that hard to buckle up
He might get laid in prison but I bet he won't like it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk