• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Straps or chains?

I use chains for the back of the rig and use straps for the front. Just set the cahins were I want them then roll truck forward till tight. Then I ratchet tight the front.

I might start using chains front and back since I have notice wearing on the straps.

I use chains for the back of the rig and use straps for the front. Just set the cahins were I want them then roll truck forward till tight. Then I ratchet tight the front

Great minds must think alike :awesomework:

oh wait...you drive a Toyota...nevermind :fawkdancesmiley:

Chains with binders, simply because that's what I've got. I carry a long piece of pipe to use as a cheater bar to get those binders nice and tight.

I will probably re-evaluate when I get a new trailer and have better options for tie-down points.

Straps are for lumber, and if I ever get in a head on, I don't want to be wearing whatever I am towing. :D

I use chains for the back of the rig and use straps for the front. Just set the cahins were I want them then roll truck forward till tight. Then I ratchet tight the front.

X3

just dont forget to place shift lever back in park or gear :redneck:

I think if you're in a head-on collision while towing your rig on the trailer, you're gonna be in a world of hurt whether you used chains OR straps to tie down the rig. Go with what makes you comfortable and follow applicable safety practices and load ratings for either tie-down method and then drive defensively and hope for the best. :;

I use the straps. The 10,000 lb rated ones. Two in the back and one up front. All of them on the axle tubes.

I'd consider chain if the binders and the "non rust" type chain were more affordable and I had a good secure place to store (lock) them on the trailer when not in use.