• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid axles..

Or down size tires until the 60 is done... I haven't been able to brake even a stock shaft yet on 36's.

(Well I broke one, but it had nothing to do with tire diameter ;) )

Also... when my shaft came apart like that it cracked the balljoint housing on the upper balljoint, so be sure to look at them close.

CrustyJeep said:
Or down size tires until the 60 is done... I haven't been able to brake even a stock shaft yet on 36's.

(Well I broke one, but it had nothing to do with tire diameter ;) )

THat's just it if it was a tire size issue I would think I would brake the stock (origanal) short side not the after market stonger long side one...

crash said:
Toe in--bad... very

:wtf:

everything i have ever read says to set your toe in to between 1/32 and 1 /8" depending on tire size?

i use 1/32 to 1/16 at least to drive it for a little or to the alignment shop for a DD. my jeep is set at 1/16 and has been fine for years.

am i way off on that?

That sounds fine, Hip.

I think what Mike meant is, the tow in would have to be badly out of whack to break joints, which is true.

Hip said:
:wtf:

everything i have ever read says to set your toe in to between 1/32 and 1 /8" depending on tire size?

i use 1/32 to 1/16 at least to drive it for a little or to the alignment shop for a DD. my jeep is set at 1/16 and has been fine for years.

am i way off on that?

No thats what I set mine at. Seems to work for me also.