• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid axles..

boxboy

can I be your friend...
I have now busted two of these, the same way, on the same side... It is a higher strength outer then a stock outer and the funny thing is on the short side I am still running the original stock inner and outer... I think something is binding just don't know what... I am headed home now to tear it down...:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

137383676.jpg

is it breaking when you turn? Almost looks like your over turning and the yokes are hitting, then exploding.

That doesn't mean its not over turning. I would check and see, just to make sure. Somehting is making it explode like that.

Too much toe in will give you too much steering angle on the outside tire... Seems like that would kill u-joints though.

Dont quote me but I think the toe in should only be about 1/16th" Atleast thats what xJoe and I have been using for our backyard alignments. Seems to work.

I am thinking I have something off with the steering I was going to double check that... I will go see what my toe-in is at right now... I did bend my tie rod a couple weeks ago maybe it pulled the tow in to much.

Friggle, sniggle, carnsarn shafts.

Make sure you bring it in to be peeked at. I want to make sure that it wasn't an axle flaw:redneck:

(But excessive toe will do that too.)

Little Red Zuk said:
Friggle, sniggle, carnsarn shafts.

Make sure you bring it in to be peeked at. I want to make sure that it wasn't an axle flaw:redneck:

(But excessive toe will do that too.)

I think scott is going to bring the rig up once the new shaft is in so I can check it and see whats going on with it.

But ya you gotta see it daren---pretty cool(never seen one split like that,lol)

I blew a Warn axle apart just exactly like that a month ago in the snow. Wheels pointed straight ahead. Wheels spinning and one grabbed traction hard and it went. U-joint was still ok, other than the caps coming off.

GaryTJ said:
I blew a Warn axle apart just exactly like that a month ago in the snow. Wheels pointed straight ahead. Wheels spinning and one grabbed traction hard and it went. U-joint was still ok, other than the caps coming off.

Its nice to not have to worry about that stuff anymore lol...

Ya I blew a 44 shaft apart like that once :wtf: And I was crawling thru the snow--granted it was over my hood my I was still crawling thru it,lol...

Worked called so I was only able to get the pressure washer out and tried to get it running...

Yes this is a one of your axles LRZ but I don't think it is a flawed shaft... I do need some parts so I will be calling :helpsmilie:

Oh and the pic is of the first shaft I broke but the second one looks the same.

crash said:
Its nice to not have to worry about that stuff anymore lol...

Ya I blew a 44 shaft apart like that once :wtf: And I was crawling thru the snow--granted it was over my hood my I was still crawling thru it,lol...

I was hoping this D44 would get me through the summer and in the mean time get working on the D60's... but maybe I need to put more effort into the 60's...