• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Swamper Truxus MT

mark

Any word/opinion on the Truxus MT? Since my MT/R's I've had forever recently got jacked I'll be needed a new set of rubber before the CORE event. If I go new, the Truxus looks pretty impressive, and reasonably cheap.

Maybe the LBL?

Looking for something in the 33-35" range. Will be used for tuff-trucking and probably some trail running. Needs to be cheap, aggressive (mud, rocks, roots, snow etc) and durable. Possibly a radial vs. a bias unless someone can convince me otherwise.

hmm, wonder if Buckshots are still cheap.... IIRC they used the be the cheap, aggressive one from years back that were actually a decent tire....

When I was looking at new tires they were at the top of the list for a all around tire. I got a lot of positive responces from guys that use them in ice and snow. Siping the middle seems to be a hot ticket for the ice as well

When I was looking at new tires they were at the top of the list for a all around tire. I got a lot of positive responces from guys that use them in ice and snow. Siping the middle seems to be a hot ticket for the ice as well

Same here. I hear they don't like full size rigs too well, but for a good all around tire they are hard to beat.

I am on my second set. Have quite a few club members with them. they have been a great all round tire. Good in town, highway, general trial running and so forth. rubber compound is probably one of the softer around, definitely not for the full size vehicle.

Had really good success with my first set of 35s.

Now onto a set of 37s. Luck has not been with me. Slashed a sidewall on some shale in June and had a sidewall seperate last December (though this was very odd and warranty covered 100%) I think the combination of the cold temps and a bead blowout and wrapping the tire around the axle tube may have contributed to it...

Their side lugs/daggers are great when airing down for a larger footprint.

I would consider another set in the future, but just recently picked up a set of 37" Pitbull Rocker Radials for more trail use.

The sidewall tread is 3x as thick on the 37"+ tires than on the 35" and smaller. Having had both 35s and 37s, yep it makes a difference.

I will most likely be buying a new set of 37's.

I have owned a set for 31's & 33's

Love them both, the wear on the C load rated tires (33's) on a heavier truck may be of concern, on my 4000lb suzuki they wore much faster.:booo:

The 37's are E rated, hearing great things about them especially wearing much better.

Again, the best offroad tire (all around) we ran. :awesomework: (we have run iroks , bfg muds, mt/r's)

Magical in the snow. :beer:

i have a buddy that just bought some 31" buckshot mudders..(....and he loves them.....
edit:he has maxxis bighorns......

but he doesnt air down much either...he said they were killer at walker......

hankooks have always been good to me.......i ran t34's, then they stopped making them.now they have the dynapro mt's....the wear on the tires is amazing if you rotate.

i also have hankooks on my tow rig.93 dodge cummins, those dynapro at's are burly...they rode the camper well, and have had traction everywhere
i have needed it.

i had 33 bfg mt's on the dodge. those are going on my hatch. these are not km2's, but just before them.i went everywhere with them too....except through deep water...:fawkdancesmiley:scott....

i would really like to get some km2's in 33 ...they are supposed to be the BEST all around tire for that size range...

cheers, brian

Last edited:
trxus mt

granted comp sticky's, but saw them grip on dave cole's diamond axle buggy where no other tire in the comp could or would. I'll probably run these after my creepy crawlers wear out.

I have 35's on my dmax and hate them but I think the weight of the diesel squashes my fronts cuz' they flat spot really bad and I can't keep them balanced. I guess on a lighter rig they would be ok. Not real aggressive for a core truck though. If it's not a dd I'm sure there are better options.

my sons rig has them. havent wheeled them yet(this weekend). but they look good all shined up,and posing in the driveway.. quite driving on the road..

well we went wheelin yesterday!!!im impressed with the tires!

we drove there on them. they handle fine...
we wheeled all day tires never let us down,then drove home... all at street pressure. we never aired down...

The best all around tire I have ever ran.
BFG, MTR, TSL-R, LTB,.............
As far as balancing them, I did not use weights.
I used airsoft BB's, no issues and they worked great.

What are the numbers coming out to on the balancer? My bet would be that it is the wheel or the truck, and not the tires.

truck ran smooth with the old wheels and tires(28s and some off brand wheel), and i tested that after the initial bumpy ride with the new tires by swapping back to them. I dont know what numbers cam out of them on the balancer. They came mounted and balanced from DesertRat.com, shook like hell. too them to discount tire to reballance, shook slightly less, but still shake like hell

truck ran smooth with the old wheels and tires(28s and some off brand wheel), and i tested that after the initial bumpy ride with the new tires by swapping back to them. I dont know what numbers cam out of them on the balancer. They came mounted and balanced from DesertRat.com, shook like hell. too them to discount tire to reballance, shook slightly less, but still shake like hell

what kind of tire? trxus?

if you got bias ply tires they are gonna be bumpy at first.