• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TG bought Longfield?

This exactly. The way I look at it is that the sale of Longfield is just another way for Bobby to continue to take care of Tina for the rest of her days.

Enjoy your days Tina, you deserve it. :awesomework:

I don't want to make this a pissing war weather or not people think trail gear builds good products. I want to know why people think this is bad? Bobby passed, Tina ran it for a year and made the call?

I don't want to make this a pissing war weather or not people think trail gear builds good products. I want to know why people think this is bad? Bobby passed, Tina ran it for a year and made the call?
it may have been a good business decision and i hope she made off with a whole lotta $$$$$$$ thats probably whats most important. i just wish it wasnt TG controlling the future of longfield. kinda like if walmart bought out snap on tools, just doest give a good feeling.

Thats why i wrote my first post like i did, it was a fantastic move for her so she can enjoy life i just will miss the amazing service she always provided:awesomework:

I know but its sad to see a really good product go to a company I feel that will not stand up to Bobby's standards.

They are called Trail-mart for a reason. Lets just hope that they do not alter the Long's product,manufacturing process or warranty.

Does anyone know if they are still going to be manufactured by the current crew...??
Lets hope so or atleast that they have the option to transfer with the sale.

it may have been a good business decision and i hope she made off with a whole lotta $$$$$$$ thats probably whats most important. i just wish it wasnt TG controlling the future of longfield. kinda like if walmart bought out snap on tools, just doest give a good feeling.

This is my feeling also....looks like my longs will be worth more soon since they are the real ones.....sad

I understand her sellin and starting her retirement but I just got a bad taste in my mouth knowing most of trail gears products....I like the idea of supporting the local business and when mine break being able to take them to the shop to get them replaced...1 questions are longfields gonna start breaking like dirty 30's? Hopefully they don't come with Trail-Gears idea of a Lifetime warranty.

I would have rather seen marlin buy them a place not fully outsourced to china....just a thought....I'm sure they had the most money though unfortunately

Dirty 30's and longs are made by the same company.....

Are they the same quality though? Bobby was always doing testing of breaking points compared to stocks, competitors etc...

On a side note, does that mean my real longfields went up in value?

When Dirty 30s first came out they were EMPI birfs made in China. Then TG started buying inner shafts from RCV. That was several years ago.

Are they the same quality though? Bobby was always doing testing of breaking points compared to stocks, competitors etc...

On a side note, does that mean my real longfields went up in value?

That I can't tell you--I can tell you though they "can" be the same quality..

Trail-gear taking over longfields

So I hear Tina will be letting go of the business and trailger is gonna start selling the longfields

It still burns my ass that TG is the ONLY major vendor I contacted that didn't donate or even acknowledge the memorial benefit. Most companies jumped at the chance but TG ignored my phone calls, emails, PM's, and forum posts. Hell I even tried to contact Matt Messer personally.

Trailgear can **** the **** off!