• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TG bought Longfield?

So will tg honor my original 30 spline longs? If they were to break?
I understand why Tina sold,hope she can live out life without bobby. You guys have to consider this was her life also. I doubt this was easy for her. Long field for life brotha!!!

Yeah.. you send back your broken ''true'' long... and get back a dirty30 with some new etching on it!!!

You do know rolled is stronger than cut, right?

Don't feed the troll. Chop shop knows all.. :rolleyes:

English is hard right? He's saying Bobbies splines were rolled while TG's were cut. Now that TG is selling a higher volume they can afford to have them made just like Bobbies, more machining inside the bell, rolled splines etc.

I have no use for anything from trail garbage due to their previous business dealings but at least I can be objective about their parts.

Side by side I have yet to see cut splines totally fail compared to rolled but I have seen the face of the spline start to divat(sp) where the rolled was allot less. Doesn't really mean allot since neither failed but was sort of an indication of strength. But in the end its a moot point since neither failed.

Choppy even has a couple wooden axles that Bobby's grandpa used to make for covered wagons. You should have heard the ruckus when he switched from oak to maple. Chop has got the proof right there on his bench.

Choppy even has a couple wooden axles that Bobby's grandpa used to make for covered wagons. You should have heard the ruckus when he switched from oak to maple. Chop has got the proof right there on his bench.

Paul, your not very good with details. It was black locust that held up the best. The oak and maple both would prematurely fail.

Plus most of the strength was found to come out in the seasoning process.

They never did figure out of cut or split was stronger tho. :beer:

Paul, your not very good with details. It was black locust that held up the best. The oak and maple both would prematurely fail.

Plus most of the strength was found to come out in the seasoning process.

They never did figure out of cut or split was stronger tho. :beer:

:haha:

longfields

i just tried to get my longfields super axles warrantied by Trail Gear....But .....probably like many others when i went to Bobby's to pick them up I paid cash and did not get a receipt...Trail Gear will not warranty them without a receipt...So much for a lifetime warranty.. Trail Gear SUCKS>>>>>

RCV exactly....went to Dave at Jester Fabs and got a new set of birfs (from what I understand they are the original superaxle) good price and comes with the lifetime warranty... Not the 12 months like TG is doing.....

so anyone with a receipt from booby, maybe we can work something out to where you can warranty my broken birfs and trade buy or something for them

Were the birfs numbered?

Nope, no markings other than the Longfield laser etching. Most of us that bought them just gave Bobby cash and TG ****ed us for it. I had the same issue with all the TG stuff I used to buy from Odie, I never got receipts and paid cash. They refused to warranty anything.

Most warranty s are to the original owner only thus the receipt is proof of original purchase. I know you guys hate tg now but its just a sound and normal business practice.