• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

th 350 kickdown cable

Hip

i fawkin broke mine off the tranny moving it around the shop, is this something easily fixed and if so is there some info out there i could research?

the one i have has only about 15 20k on the rebuild so i was planning on using it as is.:mad:

i fawkin broke mine off the tranny moving it around the shop, is this something easily fixed and if so is there some info out there i could research?

the one i have has only about 15 20k on the rebuild so i was planning on using it as is.:mad:

wHERE did you break it?

Normal T350 trans cable is real easy. One bolt holds it on and when you pull it out of the trans there is a metal bar with an "S" shape that sticks up to connect it to. You don't even have to pull the pan. Just one bolt.

the little plastic deally thing that holds it in broke off. looks like i just need a new plastic piece then and just reconnect it?

where can you get the little plastic piece? the rest of the cable looks fine.

so i should take the free TH 350 offered to me so i can replace the cable...anyone need a 203 for a doubler? it comes on the TH350....

ohh thanks guys i was pretty pissed at myself as this is the tranny i am gonna run in the whillys. only about 20k on the rebuild...

don't be too mad at youself.. those things don't take a lot to break..

I have broken quite a few in my day in my chevelle... so I would just make a junkyard run and grab a cable to replace...

so i should take the free TH 350 offered to me so i can replace the cable...anyone need a 203 for a doubler? it comes on the TH350....

ohh thanks guys i was pretty pissed at myself as this is the tranny i am gonna run in the whillys. only about 20k on the rebuild...

I checked, the cable isn't on that 350 hip.

Either that or I didn't feel like strongarming that heavy pos into the back of my Jeep.

ok so my source wussed out on me, and the donor was missing the part....

so who has a junk TH350 i can steal the kickdown cable from?

ill let ya drive the whilly when it gets done:awesomework:

The cable is @$15 or so at NAPA. Just figure out the length and pay attention to the carb end to get one close enough to work. (If the counter jockey doesn't know where to look, it's in the ARP book)

thanks Jim

but if i can still get a free one id take it.....:cheer:

at least i didnt mess up the whole tranny thing. i was very pissed at myself for a whole day...:rolleyes: