• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The "powertrain"

roccrawler said:
what stock vehicle did the pro rocks come in jeff?
What stock vehicle did the LS1 and d300 come off? I'm not sure I understand the question though. Crash do you mean stock on the same vehicle? Or can it be the best of GM, Ford, Jeep, etc all in the same set up?

If so, whenever I get mine built, I should be pretty happy with it, but the t-case is not stock on anything.

As for the LS7, that is an impressive motor and would make a great mud machine. But their peak torque is at 4800 rpm. A little high for my needs.

i'm gonna buck the trend here.

20R/R151F/toy doubler with 4.7s.

indestructable engine that'll rev to the moon and back, low 1st gear on the tranny, and all the case gearing that you'll ever need. who needs torque when you can wind up the engine in double low :flipoff:

Comet said:
As for the LS7, that is an impressive motor and would make a great mud machine. But their peak torque is at 4800 rpm. A little high for my needs.

sure....it peaks at 4800............but is still over 300 lb-ft at 2000rpms....no sqirrels doin' that....
roller cams are the best!!

that, and it weighs less than 400lbs...

Attachments

• LS7stockDyno.jpg
    LS7stockDyno.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 173
Comet said:
What stock vehicle did the LS1 and d300 come off? I'm not sure I understand the question though. Crash do you mean stock on the same vehicle? Or can it be the best of GM, Ford, Jeep, etc all in the same set up?

If so, whenever I get mine built, I should be pretty happy with it, but the t-case is not stock on anything.

pieced together with stock aplication parts

kyle said:
i'm gonna buck the trend here.

20R/R151F/toy doubler with 4.7s.

indestructable engine that'll rev to the moon and back, low 1st gear on the tranny, and all the case gearing that you'll ever need. who needs torque when you can wind up the engine in double low :flipoff:

I am with this dude. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Comet said:

Mark the D300 came in some CJ's...

Hell if im gonna dream im gonna go big...
ford GT s/c 5.4 liter engine
th400 (if ya can use adaptors)
205 case

5.7 Vortec,Turbo-400, Dana 300. I tend to rely on easily found items rather that the exotic crap that costs an arm and a leg to fix or replace. But thats just me.:flipoff:

SBC 400 set up to run a TBI out to a GM 4L80E, adapted to a 23spline toy doubler adapted to a D300

Or maybe a Supercharged Pontiac 3.8L, NV4500 toy doubler and D300

I would be intrested in the LS7 but mang they dont look easy to work on at all:toilet:

XJonathan said:
Mark the D300 came in some CJ's...
Yeah, I know and Scouts. But when I read the question I thought Crash meant from the factory original on the car, not factory from one car, and putting it in another. ie SBC 350 in a Jeep. By Crash's definition this is stock.

Berne, I was actually looking for a full torque curve on the LS7, but couldn't find it, so I wasn't sure how flat the torque curve was. Pretty impressive!

4.3l to a th350 then a dana300

or a 5.0l to a c6 then a dana 300

and a 2.7l taco motor to a g52 five speed to a dual toyota cases:redneck:

How about a 5.3 or 6.0 Chevy. I have no experience with these but I wonder if they will replacethe 350 as the common swap. Couplw with whatever auto goes with it and your choice of Atlas.

Honda goldwing engine/trans with reverse going to a sammy case. 60's f/r just so you could pin the throttle and power shift a few gears.

Berne said:
man.....

if you're sticking w/ only factory available stuff.....

I don't know how you could be choosing ANY chevy motor and it NOT be the new LS7......it weighs less than your 4.3, makes better than twice the power, and is factory dry-sump'd......come AWN....

from there....I dunno.....nv4500-203/205.......simple/easy/strong...

there's some other combo's I'd love to afford to try out that I'm sure could work really sweet...

the newer 5.4's in the Lightning's really get-it, and have a hell of a bottom end.....one of those in front of its factory auto tranny, in front of a 203/205 would be a helluva combo in something 3500-5000 lbs....(toy, scout, lwb jeep thing)

and, I've always wanted to get an old skool taurus SHO motor in front of some fast-close ratio 5 speed, in front of something like a D300 or Toy case and put it in my Samurai......that would scream in the sand.....
(or just a short-star $$$$$)

--B

I second the Yamaha DOHC 24v 3.0 SHO motor....thoes things GET IT