• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The right foot worthy 14 bolt

Tcameron said:
Iv never weighed just an axle... I ain't worried bout it. Lets jus wait an c how it does.

I was asking about the weight of the whole rig with 14b and with the new axles. I really dont care about weight either but most everyone u talk to ask about it. We really tried to keep the weight down on my rig and ended up with a 4160lb rig on rocks. I like having the extra ground clearance and all the weight is down low. Looking forward to seeing how yours hold up to abuse.

patooyee said:
Not that I care about this argument, but getting the 40-spline inners to work is what is cool and relatively new about these axles. Yes, people have been cobbling together stock spline rockwell stuff for a while now. And no offense, but butt-welding the square rock tubes to round 14-bolt tubes looks like turd compared to boring the inner knuckles like this and that is how most if not all steering rockwell hybrids have been done in the past. Its all a body of work though and the body progresses through time as it is done again and again. Every improvement improves the entire concept continually and axles like these wouldn't exist if it weren't for the ones like yours way back when. You know I respect the one(s) you've made because I've contacted you directly about how they were done so please don't feel as though I am ragging on them.

J. J.
Not at all, and I wasn't really referring to mine of long ago. My idea was to have a steering rear with 4340 shafts of 1 9/16" dia. with a strong joint and 8 lugs for under 2 grand. The execution looked like a 2k steering rear laughing1 I have been a believer in this exact concept for quite a while though. Quit ****ing with 60 sized stuff in the rear, rock joints are cheap and strong, and strong. And strong. The inner axle has always been the hard (potentially expensive) part. 40 spline 14 stuff has been out for a while, I'm glad to see it put together with Ouverson stuff, should be the ****.
The knuckles or something else is where it moves. This should finally truly be a test for the 14 third.

word on the trail he broke a front shaft.
anyone know what happened or what broke?

yeah i just noticed the axles in the vid are open knuckle. my bad. i jumped the gun. LOL

Takin it to a new level, and in fine style!! Good looking set of axles for sure! Looking forward to Hot Springs, gonna be a wicked show for all us slow crawlin Okies!!! Haters gonna hate, doers gonna do, now get her did!! :dblthumb:

I really like the transition from Rock knuckle to 14B tube. Nice work! I haven't seen that done yet. Keep uppin' the ante!

Young man the work I see that you put into these axles at your shop with just a welder and a grinder would be defined as ONE HELL OF A GOOD JOB. Most of us know how many hours it takes, and by the way did you borrow some bondo from Brayn to get them looking that smooth? Keep up the good work, you've come along way with it and your driving since old green.

oldmanphillips said:
Young man the work I see that you put into these axles at your shop with just a welder and a grinder would be defined as ONE HELL OF A GOOD JOB. Most of us know how many hours it takes, and by the way did you borrow some bondo from Brayn to get them looking that smooth? Keep up the good work, you've come along way with it and your driving since old green.
thank u sir !!! Ya definitely came along way since my green jeep do sho... yea ordered a 55 gal drum of bondo to do all my smoothing with lol along with the hundreds of dollars ive spent with klingspore gettin 60 grit pads an not to mention every cell phone :dblthumb: ive ever had. The speaker never works Kuzz it stays full of metal shavings ..... but its all good once its all said an done got er smooth as glass !!

Tcameron said:
not to mention every cell phone :dblthumb: ive ever had. The speaker never works Kuzz it stays full of metal shavings .....

Damn I hate that. Fancy new smart phone and allready sounds like a old trucker CB.

Is the Hill that bad or do those tires just suck that much...

Looks like she is going to take a beating now tho! :drinkers: