• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire Repair...Anyone still do it?

graysquirrel

I did a search and found a few good threads on it and it seems like Brian H is the man. But i dont know if he is still doing this or not, i pm'd him and he never replied....:booo:

I have a bogger with a good slice in it and also a friend of mine has 4 swampers that someone put a knife thru each one:mad::mad:

So just trying to figure out if anyone does tire repair somewhere around here. Let me know, thanks!

I did a search and found a few good threads on it and it seems like Brian H is the man. But i dont know if he is still doing this or not, i pm'd him and he never replied....:booo:

I have a bogger with a good slice in it and also a friend of mine has 4 swampers that someone put a knife thru each one:mad::mad:

So just trying to figure out if anyone does tire repair somewhere around here. Let me know, thanks!
If it is in the side wall you are screwed. Les Schwab use to do section repairs.. They have to send it into the main plant and it takes a couple of weeks

Liability is a big issue these days. bias ply can be repaired but I wouldn't trust it for anything other than a spare or trailer only rig.

Light Truck Radials :haha:

go to the truck shops and ask them who does their re caps then take it to them for their opinion

Last edited:
Im gonna plug and sew up a tire i have. Its a 1 inch sidewall gash. Havnt figured out if im going to use steel or something else to sew it up though.

I have a baddass army repair kit. It comes with a thread like plug material that gets vulcanized into the repair. I have got army tires with 2-3 inch gashes filled with the same stuff.

I have a baddass army repair kit. It comes with a thread like plug material that gets vulcanized into the repair. I have got army tires with 2-3 inch gashes filled with the same stuff.

Did you do the repair or was it repaired when you got the tires???

You still selling those kits???

Did you do the repair or was it repaired when you got the tires???

You still selling those kits???

They were repaied when I recieved them. I usually shaved the repair flat on the inside and had S&S buff them up and put a patch on them too. They wont do it for normal folks though, You have to be abnormal.:beer:

And yes I have two left. I also have a few patch kits too.:awesomework:

Most companies wont do it because there is no garranty that the tire wont be back on the main roads. If it fails and cause damage to someone else the person that fixed it could be in trouble.

Most companies wont do it because there is no garranty that the tire wont be back on the main roads. If it fails and cause damage to someone else the person that fixed it could be in trouble.

I understand and dont blame you for not doing this for any joe-blow. Just sucks cuz im doing beadlocks and really want to get my tire repaired before i go thru the work bolting it all up. I just cant find anyone to do it:booo: Maybe if i get ahold of a patch/repair kit maybe you could give me some pointers?? Id appreciate it.

So chop shop got any kits you wanna sell????

I'd just get some new tires.:fawkdancesmiley: It's not worth it. You will have to buy more later anyways, might as well buy them now and reap the benefits now, there is no time like the present.:flipoff: