• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To y'all AU folks circa 2000

bad80cj said:
I hatted Highlands.

Auburn has changed so much in the past 5 years. I drove all around AU Sunday and was amazed at all the changes. I miss it. :( We tried to go eat at Mellow mushroon Sunday and got denied. So many people no place to park huge wait. Went to the old Johnny Bruscos and ate large!

I believe Trotline was playing that night...

What was Highlands originally called? It was a Steakhouse. mediocre at best. We went the first night they "stayed open late" and it went from there. Eventually becoming Highlands.

Alls I knows about this is:

2:00 AM Saturday morning, the diner, 25 cents in the jukebox and the whole damn place singing you don't have to call me darling.

No wonder I didn't graduate... :ban: :gtfo:

Dude. Their TigerBrowns were nothing short of orgasmic. The entire plate full of hasbrowns and I would everything I could on it. I do believe they once threw broccoli in it.

bad80cj said:
I hatted Highlands.

Auburn has changed so much in the past 5 years. I drove all around AU Sunday and was amazed at all the changes. I miss it. :( We tried to go eat at Mellow mushroon Sunday and got denied. So many people no place to park huge wait. Went to the old Johnny Bruscos and ate large!
I'm a big fan of Johnny B's. The lady friend and I got takeout from there the other evening. $14 and it was more than we could both eat.

And supper club closes at the end of this month!

Had some fun nights there, and even more at the Duck.
Those are memories I'll never forget, those that I remember anyway haha.

Kenny Heard was the other guy. A little bird chimed in that has ties to the Strutting Duck. Damn, I miss that place too.

Toss in an Alpha Psi Rodeo and i may have a little tear for the good ol days.

felipecj said:
And supper club closes at the end of this month!

ShitBalls!

We went to Harry's the last night it was open, got there around 10-ish and they had served their last beer they had. So two car loads just sat there for about 30 minutes reminiscing about the bathrooms with no doors or stall doors. The pool tables with puke on them and not a single level corner. Then we went to Supper Club.
I gotta get down there and go to Supper Club ONE LAST TIME. I actually remember the bus being THE bus... They tell me I rode it a few times back to Scarborough Square. I wouldn't know, I don't think.

Damn, Harry's. The only place you could get chlamydia with your **** never leaving your pants. I had a few beers in that dive.

And yes on actually being driven home in the Bus.

I'm talking about the actual BUS... the one that broke down, then they towed back and left it in the back for a few years... only to turn it into a "**** bus". LOL! That used to be the drunk bus. LOL.
Seems as if they then purchased an old LETA smaller bus to start using as the drunk bus.

Any of y'all remember Finks? Damn good times there. 10 cent wings and 25 cent 32oz drafts on Wednesdays. :woot:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
10 cent wings and 25 cent 32oz drafts on Wednesdays.

And they wonder why they didn't survive....

Steve and Hagan are old. Gas was only 15 cents a gallon back then :****: