• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trails disscusion

Other than in very sensitive areas I don't think going to that much work to block of bypasses is necessary. It was interesting working on the easywild a few weeks ago. The bypasses we had to deal with on that trail were 90% ATV bypasses around mudholes or similar sections that were obviously not ATV friendly and a couple that went around fallen trees where people chose to drive through the woods around the tree instead of removing the blockage.

We just chose to make the trail corridor obvious and make it obvious where you're not supposed to go. It will keep the honest people honest and the jerks will always be jerks. I can see where cabling might be required if it involves a creek or in areas where people continually bust through the blockages.

Nancy's taken a nice turn recently at Elbe. Instead of just closing every bypass she's made some decisions to keep a few of them and included them as part of the trail corridor. Obvious rogue trails are getting blocked off and cabling may be a great way to do so.

FYI, one of the guys in our club works for a crane repair company and has access to a huge supply of free crane cable, so if we need some for any of the parks, let me know and I can get what you need. Steve grabbed a bunch of it a while back to use for hauling stuck rigs out of the mud bogs.

OK guys this can be a productive thread

There's nothing productive about this thread Jim, how old are you...and you haven't learned this about the internet?

You have 4-wheelers (of all types) that cannot agree on how to manage the very trails they all love to use.

What are they (4-wheelers) going to do?

Whatever the **** they want.

Why?

Because there is no ENFORCEMENT which also means that there are no immediate consequences.

Consequences may come later in the form of more closures.

This is all just pointless internet banter like you find in the Chatterbox, no good will come from this thread :rolleyes:

There's nothing productive about this thread Jim, how old are you...and you haven't learned this about the internet?

You have 4-wheelers (of all types) that cannot agree on how to manage the very trails they all love to use.

What are they (4-wheelers) going to do?

Whatever the **** they want.

Why?

Because there is no ENFORCEMENT which also means that there are no immediate consequences.

Consequences may come later in the form of more closures.

This is all just pointless internet banter like you find in the Chatterbox, no good will come from this thread :rolleyes:

I fully agree with the enforcement issue which is why I am always working to get more of it. As far the thread not having value your wrong because it brings out opinions from everybody differ as they may. It also shows the lurkers out there whats going on and may even leave a impression on them as to what NOT to do. Wishful thinking.... maybe but I happen to be somewhat of an optimest(sp)

I fully agree with the enforcement issue which is why I am always working to get more of it. As far the thread not having value your wrong because it brings out opinions from everybody differ as they may. It also shows the lurkers out there whats going on and may even leave a impression on them as to what NOT to do. Wishful thinking.... maybe but I happen to be somewhat of an optimest(sp)

Let's face it, people, by nature, focus on the negative. So what is someone coming here and reading this going to take away from it all?

I didn't know anything about what goes into keeping our trails together and what not to do out there until I had read several threads like this one. Now I show up at work parties and actively try to make a difference.

The pointless internet banter made a difference on me.

The pros and cons of the internets affects on four wheeling has been a debate in itself for a long time. The internet is a great tool to get information around but I feel that if the net was never invented the wheeling community would be far better off.

The pros and cons of the internets affects on four wheeling has been a debate in itself for a long time. The internet is a great tool to get information around but I feel that if the net was never invented the wheeling community would be far better off.

I actualy agree with this :awesomework:

x2...

People are getting involved now that wouldn't have been... But, more people know about the areas that we use...

The lesser of two evils???

How do we enforce it? WE enforce it.

if your on a trail and you see a bunch of jackasses, spinning 44's for fun and digging holes, you stop and say something.
You see some assholes throwing beer cans / bottles on the trail, Stop and say something, pic it up and give it bac to them.

If we don't have the balls to stand up to the fellow wheeler who is not taking care of the area and abusing our land / resourses Then what makes you think we can change anything in the government, DNR.
WE need to step up and educate the people. Sit down and have a beer, tell them whats happening.

When i was a kid, i tore **** up, was an asshat.. ect.
But as i got older and more edumacated, I don't do that **** anymore (havn't for a long time). I'm so anaL anymore, i put stubbed out cigarette buts in my back pocket so that i can properly disgard them later.

WE AS A COMMUNITY NEED TO FIX THIS, OR THE GOVERNMENT WILL JUST SHUT IT DOWN AND SAY.. OH WELL, WE TOLD YOU SO!

if your on a trail and you see a bunch of jackasses, spinning 44's for fun and digging holes, you stop and say something.
You see some assholes throwing beer cans / bottles on the trail, Stop and say something, pic it up and give it bac to them.

If we don't have the balls to stand up to the fellow wheeler who is not taking care of the area and abusing our land / resourses Then what makes you think we can change anything in the government, DNR.
WE need to step up and educate the people. Sit down and have a beer, tell them whats happening.

But as i got older and more edumacated, I don't do that **** anymore (havn't for a long time). I'm so anaL anymore, i put stubbed out cigarette buts in my back pocket so that i can properly disgard them later.

WE AS A COMMUNITY NEED TO FIX THIS, OR THE GOVERNMENT WILL JUST SHUT IT DOWN AND SAY.. OH WELL, WE TOLD YOU SO!

Your the man :awesomework:

Jobless is not.

Ohhhhh...that hurts :haha: :haha: :haha:

I just don't get you. It seams like 80% of your posts have a negative overtone and for no good reason. It's obvious that this thread has helped atleast a couple of guys yet you come in here spewing your usual crapola . Is your life that bad? Ahhh whatever, I guess there is a couple in every crowd.

I just don't get you. It seams like 80% of your posts have a negative overtone and for no good reason. It's obvious that this thread has helped atleast a couple of guys yet you come in here spewing your usual crapola . Is your life that bad? Ahhh whatever, I guess there is a couple in every crowd.

Well, that's too ****in bad that I don't share your happy-go-lucky pee-wee herman mentality towards wheelin.

You don't know me, which is why this **** always leaves me rollin :haha:

There's nothing new in this thread that hasn't been posted on numerous bbs's over the years...it's the same ****, just spewed out of a different hole :awesomework:

Why don't you do something other than ramble on the internet and make a booth with a banner or something and hang out at Elbe, Naches, Evans, Reiter etc...and hand out educational flyers to the wheelers? Tread lightly, DNR Rules & Regs, Fish & Wildlife, etc...seems to me you would reach a broader audience than just those on the internet?

Well, that's too ****in bad that I don't share your happy-go-lucky pee-wee herman mentality towards wheelin.

You don't know me, which is why this **** always leaves me rollin :haha:

There's nothing new in this thread that hasn't been posted on numerous bbs's over the years...it's the same ****, just spewed out of a different hole :awesomework:

Why don't you do something other than ramble on the internet and make a booth with a banner or something and hang out at Elbe, Naches, Evans, Reiter etc...and hand out educational flyers to the wheelers? Tread lightly, DNR Rules & Regs, Fish & Wildlife, etc...seems to me you would reach a broader audience than just those on the internet?

I do my part outside of the internet thank you. :rolleyes:

This is why I feel strongly about joining a club that you fit into or at least becoming a member of the PNW4WDA. Now I understand that there are alot of badasses on this board that are way too good for clubs but..... consider the good that clubs and organizations do for the wheeling community as a whole. As much as you don't want to admit to being part of something, you are a part of the wheeling community and your actions affect us as well as our actions affect you. I was raised in a club environment and as such have always packed out more trash than the sum of what I took in, have been careful not to tear up the land and have tried to talk with the badass loners out there that feel that they have to answer to noone. Like has been said elsewhere in this thread- Get out and do your part! We can work together and keep the trails we have and maybe even get some new ones if we all work together instead of bickering on the internet. :cool:

Oh- And for those badass loners out there that do their part without being a part of something.... Good on ya! :cheer: :awesomework: