• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tranny/tcase breathers

no excuses

so what and from who are u getting tranny tcase breathers. I would like to find some that let them breathe and still have a rollover protection to keep the fluids from hitting the ground. thanks stan..

Good timing...I gotta get this covered as well...so far im thinking of routing nylon hose(so i can see fluid moving) with a ball valve at the end so i can keep fluid in..(rig cant be running with valves closed off)

They sell little accordion breathers @ motorcycle/ATV shops that work nicely. I don't have the clearance from the body to the top of my T-case for one, so I just use a thick balloon on it.

My buddy made these for his buggy thing-a-ma-bob.

That run I made to Crozet (I think it was November) where my buggy took a hard flop on a night run, I sat in the seat on my side with tranny fluid pouring out my vent line and soaking my right foot. After that night, I kept toying with the idea of coming up with some sort of check valve that would prevent fluid from coming out of vent lines once the line goes past horizontal and starts to point down. Took me a couple of tries on the lathe but I've got it about where I want it. Getting the check ball to seal was kinda difficult. Basically, I drilled the length of the tube with a small drill bit. Then, I come behind it with a bit that's slightly larger than the checkball. When the valve is tipped over, the checkball seals against the smaller hole. A small roll pin is punched thru the tube to keep the checkball from falling out. The whole thing is made of aluminum and hardened stainless steel. I filled it with tranny fluid and let it sit for about an hour with no leakdown.. I think that's pretty good. Now, I need to try it with fuel. The one in the pic is 2" long and set up for a 3/8" hose. I think I'm going to shorten it by about 1/2".. Thoughts?

543576_606_full.jpg

well if you find that link post up. I'm getting ready to set up all my vent lines and would like to do something with a roll over valve.

yah I already have three acordions ordered and will put them on the axles but was still looking for the auto tranny breather. Thanks sstan..