• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trip to Harlan.

85buggy

Is there room to pass ?
In the early stages of planning. Early April. ? For folks that have been.
Where I'd the best place to stay for a few days. Will have family and our stuff.
Just looking for a safe snd secure spot

Stay at the Harlan county campground.. We stay there every year. They have a website. Simple little cabins right on the trail head. Just jump in your rig and ride out!!

if you have little ones there is a bigger cabin that you can get or if there is a large group of you. we had 9 people in it and had extra beds i think. if you split it up it wasn't to terribly priced a night. also has a full kitchen and hot tub two showers and a tv. it was awesome when we went because it rained 8 inches while we were there so it was awesome to get a hot shower and not sleep in a wet leaking tent.

The past 5 years we have been going I've either stayed in the South Evarts Camp Ground behind the Dairy Hut, or at Black Mountain Cabins. Both are convenient for gas and food, and really close to the trail head. The bathhouse at the campground isn't the greatest but it's there.

Here's a list of places to stay:
http://www.kyoutdoors.org/Lodging.html

These are the two I have stayed at.
http://www.visitblackmtncabins.com/Black_Mountain_Cabins/Welcome.html
http://www.evartskentucky.com/south_evarts_rv_part.html

Your in for a real treat. Harlan is probably one of the best places on the east coast. Very scenic and some great riding.. Get a map!!! The place is huge.. There is something for everybody.. You can buy the map right there at the campground. Oh yeah harlan is a dry county so if you want booze stop and get it before you get there or you`ll be driving to the next county to get some. I`ve been there bout five times and I belive on this last trip we rode about every trail on it. :****:

Re: Re: Trip to Harlan.

I have always tent camped at North Evarts campground, no issues, nice bathouses and was reasonably priced, trail head was close and its legal to drive your atvs and rigs on the streets of Evarts, so it works out great!! Have fun, I love Harlan!!

scared to death!!!!!

We always hit it thursday friday and sat. Generally get there bout lunch on thursday and go ride for a little while. Pack a lunch cause you won`t want to go all the way back to the camp ground till the end of the day. At least if you stay at the cabins.

Just make sure you stay on the Evarts side. Unless you like a LONG ride back to camp and a LONG ride to the best side of the park.

If your pushed for time I would do what matth_85 said. But if you got several days we always enjoy the ride to middle fork and then branch off to which ever side of the park you wanna go to.

We always ride over to Middle Fork the day we run Your Turn, Crawfords, and Whitetail.

Re: Re: Trip to Harlan.

we go up thurs nite after work, ride fri, sat, sun and drive home on monday to give us time to unload and unpack. We usually cover it, but we do ride from 8ish until dark and lunch on the trail.

scared to death!!!!!

^^^^^^^ What he said.... Someone told us Mason jars entrance changed after we left there in October. Anybody know if this is true or BS. Mason jar has put most of the dents in my yukon. Its now form fitted to that damn trail..

Latest posts