• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trip to Harlan.

Harlan is my favorite place to ride. We always stay at Harlancountycampgrounds.com on Putney side. Its a long road up to the trails and especially the really good trails but its a really nice place to stay. Great cabins, really nice showerhouse/bathrooms if your not in a cabin, they also have a small building with welder, plasma, air, and other tools, and a propane filling station. I don't know if the other campgrounds have all that stuff.

There is a fully furnished house that will sleep 15 people about a block from the Chevron just sorta in behind Lupe's in Evarts. great place to stay.....The guys name is Earnest and his number is 606-837-9151. Give him a call he will be happy to help.

If primitive camping or RV hookup I'd say North Evarts RV Park and Campground....nothing fancy but it's right on edge of town,just a few minutes to the Baileys Creek trailhead and has bath house (not bad at all) and video surveillance linked directly to the PD.Its where our group always stays. If this is your first trip you're gonna love it!! :****: :driving:

Dwalk said:
There is a fully furnished house that will sleep 15 people about a block from the Chevron just sorta in behind Lupe's in Evarts. great place to stay.....The guys name is Earnest and his number is 606-837-9151. Give him a call he will be happy to help.

this is best place for a lot of people, only like $100 a night
https://sites.google.com/site/homestedrentals/

85buggy said:
Any input on atvs for my teenagers. Take em or not. ?
Should be ok I'd think. Buy a map .....most of the rough stuff/obstacles have bypasses. :dblthumb:
Mason Jar is a really good trail but could be pretty hairy on an ATV :****: Just use good judgement and base it on their riding ability and y'all will have a blast!
Recommend the Corner Cafe for breakfast (in middle of town,kinda back behind the Dollar Store) reasonable prices and good food. :eat:

Re: Re: Trip to Harlan.

infamous1 said:
I have always tent camped at North Evarts campground, no issues, nice bathouses and was reasonably priced, trail head was close and its legal to drive your atvs and rigs on the streets of Evarts, so it works out great!! Have fun, I love Harlan!!
x 2 :dblthumb: :woot:

For sure use good judgement on the atvs but this is the best part about Harlan is that you can go almost all over the park and watch the big stuff good luck with your trip hope you enjoy, I get to go a lot and there is still parts of the park I have never seen . There will be the Aprils fools ride at the first of April but they have not posted a date I will post up later when I find out, Putney campground is the only place I have stayed in a cabin at it was very clean and had everything you need it is on the back side of the big main trails it take about 30 min to get from one side to the other they have welders, torches, tools, plasma cutter, air comp., amd a pressure washer there You will have a blast where ever you stay

Ive stayed on both the putney side and evarts side.... putneys downfall is the trail head is a class 3 with some steep climbs and alot of switchbacks. Evarts trail head can be accssed with a 2wd truck pulling a 40' trailer. Just so happened the one time I stayed on putney side I broke and had to catch a ride down through evarts then down main highway to putney just to get spare parts. Took almost 1 hour each way.

x50 on the trail map. The place is huge and you can get lost and turned around pretty easy. Trail markings arent up to date...some class 3's are now class 5's. So be careful.
Go on youtube and watch some vidoes of creampuff. Doesnt look bad but wait til you see it in person!!!

we stay black mountain cabin rentals, never had a thing touched up there, left all kind tools and parts lay around with no troubles, even leave backup ride, sxs up there incase break buggy. gonna try head down first weekend april if aint workin