• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trip to Harlan.

Re: Re: Re: Trip to Harlan.

85buggy said:
Would it b crowed like Srrs event or just a bunch of guys riding ?

Harlan is big enough that the crowds will only be in certain spots. And there will usually be a main road nearby

How bout a comparable park. Coal creek AOP choccolocco
Morris mountain gray rock. Tbltoy u say usually a road nearby.
Is harlan rocks then trail riding. Give me some idea of what to expect

It is kind of like Coal Creek as far as good access roads, but there are lots of rock climbs and spider trails every where, from the Evarts side you don't have to go far to get just about as easy or hard as you want to hit.

We usually go up on Wed., ride Thur-Sat, then home on Sunday. Awesome place, can't wait to get back up there, looking like late April or Early May for us. :woot:

The ride our local forum puts on in April will draw an SC crowd of about 30 rigs or so. Sometimes more. Offroadsc.com if you want to look at the schedule. Some pretty good raffles on Saturday night if your part of it.
This year it will be April 10-13.

As for the trails. I guess it's similar to Windrock but way better IMO. It's not as much just riding gravel roads. More obstacle located to a central spot. Trail 12 is the main trail and you could drive a truck and trailer up it. There are PILES of connector trails throughout the middle that are fun and you can ride for a long time and never see the same thing. Then there are a LOT of good obstacles that are really easy to get to. The park is marked quite well now also.

It's probably my favorite park to go to.

Getcha a map for sure. You want to do the 3 rock gardens (lower, middle, upper), railbed, killin time, profanity, lower damnation, your turn, whitetail, crawford's cry, mason jar and lion's den. If you like cold beverages, think about the Putney side. Some on rzr's camped next to us got busted in town and spent a night in jail.

HECK YEA!!,,,stayed on both sides,,,,Camped / rented cabins on Putney side several times,and also Camped out behind the Dairy hut / rented houses on the Evarts side lots of times :dblthumb:

Don,t even matter to me wich,,,where or how we camp / rent to me as long as we wheelin Harlan Black Mountain :****:

Lions Den??? Only if you give absolutly zero ****s about your body. I mean zero. Or you have a very small rig. That place is as tight as about anything I`ve seen. Its retarded. lol. If its raining or has been everything is slippery as hell. Very fun..... If you go to Harlan and don`t have an absolute blast something is wrong with you an you should Sell your rig. :****:

truckbroke said:
Lions Den??? Only if you give absolutly zero ****s about your body. I mean zero. Or you have a very small rig. That place is as tight as about anything I`ve seen. Its retarded. lol. If its raining or has been everything is slippery as hell. Very fun..... If you go to Harlan and don`t have an absolute blast something is wrong with you an you should Sell your rig. :****:

X2. Yep lions den will pretty much guarantee it will get your windshield with the big ass tree, and rock you got to go between.

stickymuck said:
Getcha a map for sure. You want to do the 3 rock gardens (lower, middle, upper), railbed, killin time, profanity, lower damnation, your turn, whitetail, crawford's cry, mason jar and lion's den. If you like cold beverages, think about the Putney side. Some on rzr's camped next to us got busted in town and spent a night in jail.
Lot of us partake of the cold beverages when wheelin' :drinkers: but still gotta use your head :indianajones:!!! Sounds like they should've stayed at camp and stayed outta town!! ::)

Agree, stay in your camp and off the pavement if :drinkers: to hard I have seen road checks in town at the funeral home at Fall Crawl last year but have not seen any in the park or camp grounds check out you tube under Harlan Ky Black Mountain there is tons of vids

Some of our group got busted in the camp ground behind Dairy Hut. We were being dumb though. We normally get the cabins now. No law, and Mike is a cool ass dude.

matth_85 said:
Some of our group got busted in the camp ground behind Dairy Hut. We were being dumb though. We normally get the cabins now. No law, and Mike is a cool ass dude.

HA!!!,,,,,,,NOT yall ;D

And yes even my lil rig gets new dents / scrapes evertime I beat it thru Lions Den,,,,even was stupid one time and tried it with my windsheild still on ::),,,,YEP,,,destroyed it :eek:

OH and yea get a map but just take note that there are LOTS of offshoot non marked trails that ARE NOT on them damn maps,,,they good for a main trail reference tho ;D

Once you got a couple trips in tho you figure out the lay of the park quick enough :dblthumb: