• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trip to Harlan.

from what ive seen with creampuff you need speed. the few people I have watched try and crawl it failed. the one buggy that made it just rounded the corner with speed and went right up. where is tailgate located?

Coming up from the Putney side, once you get to middlefork, make the left.. Then you'll see the trail sign for it

Heres how the map looks when you buy it......

Heres my map with the Trail 47 in yellow and the Locomotive Barn being the little red box I drawed in......

Theirs 2 ways to get to itof course,,,down Trail 29 is the shortest way,,,,but goin straight down into the huge funnel that is the Big Stadium is the funnest way,,,"and yes the map says no Jeeps" but you can fit,,,then go on Trail 34 over to it and do the Trail 47 option as well,,,,GREAT trail ride ;D

Jwhit55 said:
Might have a few rigs coming up April 5th to ride!! Creampuff's a cakewalk, Tailgate's the one that u need to have your mind right before you hit it!!
I remember tailgate when the legde was about two foot tall years ago,but now I think it's maybe 8 ft.Pony Hill and Tailgate are just about impossible when they are wet :****:.Afraid to go up that week to close to AOP's race and prob tear my junk up,if you know what I mean.

I took my 100" wheelbase Zuk up to the first rock ledge on TAILGATE once,,,NAW,,,, :eek:,,,,,that trail is LONG and STEEP :eek:

You can just see TAILGATE in the upper right corner in this pic of the map.......

"No I did not take a pic of the whole map",,,,the maps are HUGE and you can pick one up at both trailheads if you need one,,,,but like I've stated before theres lots of trails,,paths,,and dirt roads THAT ARE NOT EVEN ON THEM DAMN MAPS but they are a good general idea of where you are in the park ;D

OH and we like the trail T.R.O.U.B.L.E,,,,any rig with a decent driver can do it but its so steep youre ass will be sittin on the back of youre seat the whole way up it :****:

Also on the Trail 47 loop you wheel right by this old mine entrance......

(also note that the Trail 47 loop DOES NOT intersect up to Trail 29)

we hit TROUBLE last time I was there. it was wet and we ended up having to winch up it. there are some new trails also. steel hill by lower rock garden I hear is pretty good and challenging.

I guess they don't even count Upper Damnation as a climb anymore,seen two buggys cross it before,Shane Keller and Fatrat Robbie Almond.

We were just there this past wknd. I've never seen anyone hit upper damnation :eek: Sure would like to though. We were told there were some new trails just past the campground on the right headed towards whitetail but never made it over there. Trouble is a good time when its wet thumb.gif

Sounds like Upper Damination needs to have a bounty put on it..... id like to see some of the big names come to Harlan.... aka Cameron, tanners...etc I know the Bacons are there quite often. I have watched them put on a show a few times!

Tailgate is one of the best trails there. I have only done it once because the group I went with never wanted to try it. One piece of advice - lots of HP and don't let up on the throttle!

Was there in November an a huge I mean huge tree was across Upper damnation about 100 ft up the trail. Would be unpassable until it is removed.

laughing1 Its way worse than that now. Where he started to flip is nothing but exposed rock, both sides of the trail. Not sure if its doable or not but I'm sure its not intimidating enough to stop anyone with balls from trying it :dblthumb:

zukiscott said:
Heres how the map looks when you buy it......

Heres my map with the Trail 47 in yellow and the Locomotive Barn being the little red box I drawed in......

Theirs 2 ways to get to itof course,,,down Trail 29 is the shortest way,,,,but goin straight down into the huge funnel that is the Big Stadium is the funnest way,,,"and yes the map says no Jeeps" but you can fit,,,then go on Trail 34 over to it and do the Trail 47 option as well,,,,GREAT trail ride ;D
Here is a little info a friend new about this train barn it belonged to Harlan collieries Co. the company had 300 men working they had 12 engines and in 1949 they mined 136,617 tons of coal he said these trains were on narrow rails and smaller engines they would deliver to a area and dump it to fill the larger main trains