• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trip to Harlan.

THANKS for that info man :dblthumb:

It really was a neat suprise for our group as we just accidentally stumbled across it explorin trails one day.

Few pics from our trip last weekend. By the way, you can now have a beer at a BAR in HARLAN. :****: Its now "moist". Still cant purchase in gas stations or supermarket, but 2 bars are serving in Harlan. The sign is what was posted in the bar......read it a few times and tell me whats wrong with it.

Several years back we were in Evarts looking for more beer. Down at the store we ran into the mayor. Big LTD and a cowboy hat. He over heard us and we got to talking to him. My buddy jumped in his car and he took him to the bootleg mans house. Came back with 2 cases of Natty Light. True story. I love Harlan.

When I was there the last cabin behind the gas station was a "bar". Not sure if that should be put on here or not though :wtflol:

Bootlegging is a big business in Harlan County. We drank with a Harlan elected official at the bar that told us about a local woman that had been selling out of her house for 20 or 30yrs. Put a few people through college, including a lawyer. When they busted her he said they found an amount of cash nearing 7figures? Also told us he didn't expect the alcohol sales to last because the locals wouldn't support it.

We were sitting on a porch in evarts drinking one afternoon yrs ago when a grey haired local walking by saw us. I immediately knew he was going to approach us by the look on his face. He stopped on a dime and walked up to us and tried to bum a few beers. We told him we were about out and had to go get some. He said that was fine since he had been pickin ginseng "up on that mountain thar" and he was taking it to the bootlegger for beer. 10mins later he walked by with a sixer in a grocery bag and waved with one in his hand laughing1

We talked to the people at the gas station across from Dairy hut and they say they do more business during wheeling events than they do combined all year. They gotta love what we do for their economy.... heck i dont know anywhere else you can ride buggies and atvs through town

Re: Trip to Harlan.

AdamF said:
When I was there the last cabin behind the gas station was a "bar". Not sure if that should be put on here or not though :wtflol:
It has been closed a few years, Mike's buddy that used to help him keep it stocked and all died. It was cool to be able to go get a shot if you wanted it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going to Harlan in the morning ,let you know how it was.Test and tune,what better place to do it.

Had a good ride,about ten of us rode.Really liked the new hill beside Tailgate,Your turn pretty bad too.I broke my junk first thing on Creampuff,it got slick real fast,got it fixed and rode rest of the day,good ride beautiful scenery.