• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Waggy Leafs

slednecks1124

So i went up to elbe the weekend of the stagg run and ended up curling the end of my stock YJ leaf spring, I think it was caused by my retarded long shackles :looser:

I have a set of shorter shackles that i plan to put on my jeep, but now i need to replace my springs. My leaf springs are old, soft & pretty much bending backwards

Everyone is telling me to go with waggy leafs. Can you tell me what the difference is between stock YJ's and waggys? Are they stiffer, will it make my jeep sit taller and will they bolt right in place of the stock YJ springs?:corn:

So i went up to elbe the weekend of the stagg run and ended up curling the end of my stock YJ leaf spring, I think it was caused by my retarded long shackles :looser:

I have a set of shorter shackles that i plan to put on my jeep, but now i need to replace my springs. My leaf springs are old, soft & pretty much bending backwards

Everyone is telling me to go with waggy leafs. Can you tell me what the difference is between stock YJ's and waggys? Are they stiffer, will it make my jeep sit taller and will they bolt right in place of the stock YJ springs?:corn:

Not an exact answer to your question, but... check out RE 1444's and 1445's, they're worth it: http://rubiconexpress.com/JeepParts/Product.aspx?folder=JPLF&part=RE1444

I assume you mean Waggy front leaves. Slightly longer (1 5/8" nominal) than YJ, offset center pin, more arch stock, and heavier spring rate. I would guess that they would bolt in, depending on how you oriented them they would give you some stretch, yes they would give you some lift over stock. They are stiffer, too. How much depends on which YJ springs you have and which Waggy springs you get. There were 2 rates front and rear for YJs and 3 rates for Waggy fronts.

I assume you mean Waggy front leaves. Slightly longer (1 5/8" nominal) than YJ, offset center pin, more arch stock, and heavier spring rate. I would guess that they would bolt in, depending on how you oriented them they would give you some stretch, yes they would give you some lift over stock. They are stiffer, too. How much depends on which YJ springs you have and which Waggy springs you get. There were 2 rates front and rear for YJs and 3 rates for Waggy fronts.

what waggy springs are typically used on YJ's? How do you tell the difference?

Are there any other good setups people are runnin on their YJ's? any input will be useful :awesomework:

I couldn't tell you which pack people use. You can tell the difference by the number of leaves and thickness. They also used the same packs in J trucks, so I would guess the highest spring rates went in the heavier GVW truck. From what I have read, the 7 leaf springs off the Wagoneers are most commonly used.

I have a copy of a chart Mr. N posted on Pirate that lists spring rates, pm me an e-mail address and I will send it to you, if you want.

I really can't tell you how it will work on a YJ, I'm replacing Rancho lift springs on a CJ and those things are way too stiff.

PM Sent :hi:

I would really like to spend the money and swap in some D60's & then 4 link it front and rear but i have to save money so my wife can go to back to school in feb.

For now i need to find a solution to get me back up wheelin again :awesomework: