• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Weeknight Street Ride

Boxxerace said:
I ride a big fat squishy Santa Cruz.

If I had a trials bike however, I would ride that in the city. You guys on heavy street "bmx" bikes are friggin nuts. I knew a guy who was pretty good at flatland stuff too.

I ride a fat squishy bike as well lol

Who are you speaking of Ace?

Boxxerace said:
I ride a big fat squishy Santa Cruz.

If I had a trials bike however, I would ride that in the city. You guys on heavy street "bmx" bikes are friggin nuts. I knew a guy who was pretty good at flatland stuff too.
Since when's 30-35 pounds heavy? Unless you're talking a few years ago, when everyone was on 40-50 pound bikes. I've beat mine down to 29.5.

TrikeKid said:
Since when's 30-35 pounds heavy? Unless you're talking a few years ago, when everyone was on 40-50 pound bikes. I've beat mine down to 29.5.

For the bikes of today around 40-50 pounds is a heavy bike, i think mine weighs in at a heafty 48 pounds Ace's i think weighs 50 or more

War-Jeeper said:
For the bikes of today around 40-50 pounds is a heavy bike, i think mine weighs in at a heafty 48 pounds Ace's i think weighs 50 or more
I'm talking BMX bikes. Of course your big wheelers are going to be heavy.

Shadow Little Ones and Odyssey J-Peg Lite or J-Peg Lighter seem to be the peg of choice, lot of people running the new Fly's too. I'm pegless (nothing to grind on out here in the hills) so I can only tell you what I've heard good things about. When I did run pegs, I had the boat anchor Mosh ones that came with my old complete.

i've thought about making my own bmx frame lately... i would have to tig though if i wanted the 4130. i suppose i could play around and try heat treated DOM and 1/4" dropouts and see if it bends. that would be a lot of strange sized tube to buy though. fun project. also... building 3pc crank arms wouldnt be too hard either. hmmmm....

MIG'DHORSE said:
i've thought about making my own bmx frame lately... i would have to tig though if i wanted the 4130. i suppose i could play around and try heat treated DOM and 1/4" dropouts and see if it bends. that would be a lot of strange sized tube to buy though. fun project. also... building 3pc crank arms wouldnt be too hard either. hmmmm....
1/4" is plenty of dropout unless it's going to get slammed into stuff grinding and whatnot, that's what my fork dropouts are. It's going to be on the heavy side if you don't go chromo, and a couple of the joints may be kinda tight with a mig gun, but it might be fun. I got an old mosh frame sitting around doing nothing if you want a frame to cut up/reverse engineer off of.