• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welders

What type of welder do you use?

• Total voters

slednecks1124

What kind of welders do you guys use when building up your rigs?

I have alot of buddies who try to build up their own rigs themselfs, alot who have little to no welding & fabrication skills. Nothing bothers me more than something done half assed or something that is done incorrectly which I have seen alot of lately. :looser:

I've got a Miller syncrowave 250 DX and a 210 millermatic in the garage right now. I know how to use them too :D

I've got a Miller Syncrowave 180 SD, was given to me by my dad. I dont really know much about welding but I am gonna start learning:cheer:

What are your guy's thoughts on using a 110 V welder when welding up cages,bumpers,suspension mounts, etc.???

Ive got a lincoln 140 hd I use for most stuff but if i need a bigger one i use the neighbors miller 185. And as far as flux core goes i use it alot for bumpers and stuff like that it actually works pretty good it holds the heat in.

I think flux-core is garbage.Just my opinion.

Haven't done much onsite or hardened steel welding huh:looser:

I weld with a miller 210.

Your poll is way off. The welder makes the machine not the machine makes the welder:awesomework: A good person could make a piece of **** welder look good and a bad person welding could make the best machine look like crap. My $.02

My lincoln 140 is a 110 and it seems to burn pretty good ive done a ton of bumpers spring hangars mounts stuff like that with it and never had a problem. As far as a cage goes 220 for sure.

Your poll is way off. The welder makes the machine not the machine makes the welder:awesomework: A good person could make a piece of **** welder look good and a bad person welding could make the best machine look like crap. My $.02

The poll was not for being the deciding factor of a proper weld. Was just wondering what you guys are using.

Didn't get to this before I posted the other quote...:awesomework: