• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welders

What type of welder do you use?

• Total voters
Well, since there are all these flux core Professionals here, i guess ill offer my 2 cents.

I am 3g and 4g certified SMAW and FCAW (flux core arc welding) and between the two forms of structual steel welding, i prefer Flux core. For its ability to make beautiful welds free of structual impurities and capable of passing all forms of NDT (non destructive testing) with good tensile strength, in the right operators hands.

The "flux core" you guys are reffering to is used in small home welders without gas coverage. This form of flux core welding will create maximum penetration and weld strength with these little machines. the **** strait works, with some practice and time one can make (dare i say?) vary nice welds with a pleasing appearance.

I LOVE FLUX CORE. :flipoff:

Well there you have it in a nutshell......by a nut!!!:redneck: (but I concur!:D)

Well, since there are all these flux core Professionals here, i guess ill offer my 2 cents.

I am 3g and 4g certified SMAW and FCAW (flux core arc welding) and between the two forms of structual steel welding, i prefer Flux core. For its ability to make beautiful welds free of structual impurities and capable of passing all forms of NDT (non destructive testing) with good tensile strength, in the right operators hands.

The "flux core" you guys are reffering to is used in small home welders without gas coverage. This form of flux core welding will create maximum penetration and weld strength with these little machines. the **** strait works, with some practice and time one can make (dare i say?) vary nice welds with a pleasing appearance.

I LOVE FLUX CORE. :flipoff:

Very well put...

I am in no way certified as a welder...

I grew up in a shop and was using stick when I was about 8 years old...(Over 30 years ago) My dad always had a pipe on 45* with a restrictive plate cert.(pipe welder)... So, if'n I wanted to hang out with dad, it was in the shop playing with welders and other cool stuff...

You would be surprised what a good welder can do with any machine...

What is that?

Air carbon arc (think reverse stick welder with high pressure air blowing molten hot metal out of a 1/4" groove its creating) For Structual applications were Full penatration is required. used alot in removing backer bars, and root passes.

NASCAR model just got it and got the bottle today should be alot of fun. I am kinda new to welding so a buddy is going to work with me on doing some stuff for the truck. Top of page 6 :D

I have a Hobart Handler 187. Bought it about a year ago. Welded my cage and my axle with a 110.. Wish I woulda waited till I got my 220 to do it..

Air carbon arc (think reverse stick welder with high pressure air blowing molten hot metal out of a 1/4" groove its creating) For Structual applications were Full penatration is required. used alot in removing backer bars, and root passes.

Last time I used one was in high school on farm equipment, carbon arc rocks for removing welds:awesomework:

I was wondering when you would chime in about flux core:awesomework:I have done so little as a novice welder it is nice to here word from a person who does this more than I. I have done some hardfacing on equipment buckets with gas shielded flux core wire, that **** would burn in deep with the 220 machine that I was useing.

I've got a Lincoln 3200 MIG 110 volt, works real nice up to 3/16", any thicker its kinda OK. Got a 220 Miller arc welder on the way.......

We air-arc almost on a daily basis. Most of the time were burning 3/8" rod @ 500+ amps. :cool:

Some of the stuff we cut apart is over 2" thick. Cuts it like butter. :awesomework: