• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welders

What type of welder do you use?

• Total voters
Lincoln Invertec 300 arc welder and a Lincoln LN-25 Suitcase wirefeed. I can blow 3/16 air arc all day then switch to .035 wire to weld on the thin chit. When I have a Excavator bkt to fix I toss in the 1/16 dual shield and melt the front of my hood off. Very good machines and the LN-25 is easy to find used.

Lincoln 225 amp AC stick welder.

Is it slow? Yes.
Is it Versatile? Yes
Is it reliable? Yes
Is it pretty? depends on how much beer i've had.
Is it strong? ABSOFAWKINGLUTELY

I'm a cheap ass and can weld just fine with a stick welder. wish i would have got the AC/DC one.. but whatever.. just gotta pay a little more attention.

I use an old Miller 240v stick welder at home...

What do ya guys think about dual shield? I welded with it quite a bit back in school, an it layed beautiful welds. The only thing is that it left slag, but if ya looked at it the right way, the slag would fall off.

Love dual shield. Lays down real nice. Good penitration. Works well on dirty material. :awesomework:

I wish we used it more here at work. We're running 1/16" hardwire.

I like my MIG welder that Rhonda got me for christmas/birthday last year, Its the biggest 220 volt one from Harbor freight.

I use flux all the time and i keep a wire wheel on my grinder just for that it takes all the slag right off and looks good whene im done.

miller 350P and ancient sears/craftsman 220 stick welder in the shop. the service truck has a miller bobcat welder/generator.

So what are your guys's inputs on welding things such as cages and suspension mounts with 110v welders?:eeek: not talking about the average Joe but someone who has experience and knows what they are doing.

Do you think its structurally safe?:stirpot:

So what are your guys's inputs on welding things such as cages and suspension mounts with 110v welders?:eeek: not talking about the average Joe but someone who has experience and knows what they are doing.

Do you think its structurally safe?:stirpot:

The voltage of the machine is not as important as the amperage.

110V welders could be a 100amp model or a 140amp model. Theres a big difference between the two.

Theres also a big difference between the quality. A 140amp lincoln is going to burn circles around a 140amp "harbor frieght" or "astro" welder.

A good 140 amp 110V machine is going to do .120 wall tube and .1875 plate just fine as long its a miller, lincoln, hobart, ETC.

I wouldnt trust a generic brand 110V welder to keep the cows in as a fence charger let alone hold steel together.:D

The voltage of the machine is not as important as the amperage.

110V welders could be a 100amp model or a 140amp model. Theres a big difference between the two.

Theres also a big difference between the quality. A 140amp lincoln is going to burn circles around a 140amp "harbor frieght" or "astro" welder.

A good 140 amp 110V machine is going to do .120 wall tube and .1875 plate just fine as long its a miller, lincoln, hobart, ETC.

I wouldnt trust a generic brand 110V welder to keep the cows in as a fence charger let alone hold steel together.:D

Thats good to know Brad :awesomework: Personally I dont know much about welding, I just see alot of my close buddies using some cheap off the wall
110V welders to weld some stuff that needs to be structurally strong.

I offer to let my buddies use my welder (Miller Syncrowave 180 SD) but they would rather use a cheap POS :looser:

Are you welding out side ALL the time ? Or you don't like to **** with the gas shield ? Flux Core is for special occasions for me . When the location is remote for example

I grew up on a farm and a friends dad ran heavy equipment.

Now days I only use flux core in the ready welder. Everything else I do fits in my shop to work on, and I mean EVERYTHING!:redneck: so it all gets fused with the miller210.:awesomework: