• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welders

What type of welder do you use?

• Total voters
The poll was not for being the deciding factor of a proper weld. Was just wondering what you guys are using.

I fully understand.........but for offroad needs you don't NEED much of a welder for a garage build.

I don't weld as much as I would like but I have probably ran 150-200lbs through my miller 210 without missing a beat.

Oh yea there is a Migmaster 250, Ready welder out in the shop also. I have been known to stick with jumper cables and stick also.

I think that ALL people should start welding with a stick arc:awesomework:

flux core rod for da good stuff. And never clean anything. The more undercoating the better.:awesomework:

Yeah thats what i thought back in the day. Makes for a nasty weld...... As im sure you saw that when you worked on that sami i worked on in 05.:flipoff:

I agree i learned on a stick. I think if you can get good with a stick then when you start wire feeding you will have a jump start on the game.

It's just messy in the stinger. I'm not gonna run flux in my garage welder. Ya know what I mean ? I won't use the G word on it again I promise.

Walmart 110 fluxcore. :corn:

But really, I've got a lincoln 140 and it's done everything I need it to do. :awesomework:

Yeah i really like my 140 it would probly be fine for cages i just figure if i have easy access to a 185 might as well use it.

I have a
Lincoln 110V 100 amp machine with .027
Miller 220V 175 amp machine with .030
SnapOn 220V 225 amp machine with .035

Thats how I roll.

And suxcore dont get used here. If the wind is blowin that bad, then its:beer: time.

It's just messy in the stinger. I'm not gonna run flux in my garage welder. Ya know what I mean ? I won't use the G word on it again I promise.

It's all good bro...

Like tom said, it has it's place...

I have a small 110 machine that always has flux in it sitting in the corner...

It gets pulled out every now and again, just like the stick...

Preferances
Miller MIG 110&220DS and TIG
220 Lincon buzbox 6010 rod for hillbilly lockers

Currently only own a Miller 175 Millermatic 030. SOLID wire carbon argon sheild gas...FAWKING clean welds..No splatter:fawkdancesmiley:

I run a MM210, and love it--does everything I need to be doing. Started out with a Hobart Loadhandler 135 110V, but it'd overheat when put to the task of continuous welding, and it pissed me off...hence the upgrade.:awesomework:

Well, since there are all these flux core Professionals here, i guess ill offer my 2 cents.

I am 3g and 4g certified SMAW and FCAW (flux core arc welding) and between the two forms of structual steel welding, i prefer Flux core. For its ability to make beautiful welds free of structual impurities and capable of passing all forms of NDT (non destructive testing) with good tensile strength, in the right operators hands.

The "flux core" you guys are reffering to is used in small home welders without gas coverage. This form of flux core welding will create maximum penetration and weld strength with these little machines. the **** strait works, with some practice and time one can make (dare i say?) vary nice welds with a pleasing appearance.

I LOVE FLUX CORE. :flipoff: