• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What tire you running?

35x13.50x15 Toyo MT's and i love them. i had a set of 33x13.50x15 on my last toyota (which got stolen a while back) and i loved them in every kind of terrain. a very good all around off-road/on-road tire. so when it came time to get tires for my new toyota i went with the bigger Toyo MT's. they are expensive but if you shop around they aren't bad. also keep in mind that a lot of places will price match... i had 4wheelparts price match a really cheap company online and so they were a lot less expensive than what Les Schwab charges.

37" MTR's on the Land Cruiser.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 204
ive had all these tires on the same rig over that last 9 years,36 buckshots(thin sidewalls),35TXRs(poop),36 radial tsl(thin sidewall)36SXs loved them for 4 years still cut a sidewall,38.5x14.50 SXs(couldnt stand how NOT round they were otherwise worked good,39.5 boggers drove better than the 38SXs,hands down best mud tire work okay elsewhere,38x12.50 tsl bias too skinny for my fullsize worked fine in most conditions,currently running 39.5 IROKS got them used (85% tread). best rock tire ive used yet,didnt clean well at all in elbe,also didnt like climbing dry roots on the kaner this summer,unbalanced on my truck they are 95% smooth at HWY speeds they drive great on the road,took them out in the snow/ice today and im happy with the results....the SXs were prolly my favorite all around tire with the iroks 2nd....patiently waiting for the 42 SX

so ive stepped it up to 42" IROKS..on beadlocks....absolutely LOVE them....they are a much better fit on my big turd than the 39s....the 42s are alot heavier than the 39s....:awesomework: ,,they work good in any conditions....

31x10.50 Tsl bias on the Ranger DD, getting about time to get new, and I don't wheel it much anymore, so I might go with something that wears a little slower.
First ran 33x12.50 Tsl bias on the Fordzuki, got them used for dirt cheap and regrooved them, just got the 34x10.50 LTBs and I'm loving them so far.

I'm on the second set of MTR's. Would buy nothing else for the woods.

Funny thing: 33's made a fair amount of road howl. 35" are much quieter.

I really enjoy my MTR's. I just wish they didn't pack with the sloppy stuff in Naches and Liberty. I kinda want IROKs but....?

38.5-14.50-15 SX swampers on the buggy and 37-12.50-15 MTR's on the DD both sets interchangeable to the other vehicle:awesomework: :awesomework:

38" TSL's on the 4runner. Had 39.5" TSL's on my Grand Cherokee. I think when the 38"'s go out I might try something in the 40" size.

35" Toyo's MTs

I don't think I would buy another set. They tend to into racing slicks in the mud. And they Hydro plane(13.5" wide) on the freeway. Those are my biggest two complaints. That and they are really heavy for there size. But I have gotten really good mileage out of them and they have really thick side walls. They're quite on the road and really stick to rock. They seem to do ok in dry dirt.

A little up date. I'm now running 38" TSL SX's. Much better offroad.

My Jeep started on 205/75r-15 all season tires, for 2 weeks.

then 33-12.50r-15 michelins for a year, then 33-12.50 Dirt king xt, then 35-12.50r-15 mud king, then 35-15.5 sx bias, then 38.5-14.5-15 sx bias.

now on 39.5 irok radials and love them. MAJOR improvement over the sx in traction. Contemplating going to 42 Iroks when these wear out. (still @ 60% tread after 2 years.)

33x10.5x15 BFG mud terrains. wouldnt buy them again, way too succeptible to getting **** in the beads due to a poorly designed rim protector. fortunately the KM2's dont have that. :cheer:

38x15.5x15 Mickey Thompson MTZ radials. Actually more like a 37. No complaints so far. For snow, 5 psi seems to be about right. For everything else (besides the street), 10-12 psi is decent.

Note: Yes, it's a radial but "Specialty Light Truck Size (SLT) Features 3-Ply Sidewall and 6-Ply Tread for Added Strength and Puncture Resistance"

Yeah :cheer: mines a specialty light truck size

baja_mtz.jpg

Last edited:
I'm runnin 33" Toyo M/Ts they work good for DD and weekend wheeling, when I turn the rig into strictly off road use I will step it up to 42s or bigger