• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to build?

wngrog said:
Walkers are tough as hell.....I have yet to hear of one breaking.

Just say no to swampers!!!!!

What about 42" Irok Stickies?
I wouldn't waste my money on the 8lug conversion, cost way to much and the brakes suck ass.
As long as you have compression braking in the Auto, then you want have to worry about steep hills.

Buggy sounds like its gonna be badass, damn I need to win the lottery, or I guess I could just live at home for the next 5 years.

Damnit....did you see that the price on them went up to $475 a tire and they are fuggin sold out? Not worth it IMO for IROKS...sticky or not.

I would rather have the non-sticky Maxxis Creepys. They are almost as sticky as BFGs and will probably last longer under this high HP beast. Just don't let him put fuggin Boggers on it. I don't care what you guys say, those tires are not doing you any favors.

I want to see Cameron put some paddles on his buggy like those guys in Iceland :eat:

under_psi said:
the hate is strong in this thread....

boggers are bad ass.....

Louis is one of the original Bogger Boyz, so you know he loves the puds. Seriously, please don't put puds or cut puds on that thing. I know the TN thing to do is to ride a 44" or larger Swamper, but sticky tires really do work. Plus it would be different than most would do with Rocks. The guy sounds like he wants a unique rig.

**** a sticky, stay with TN protocol and chop up some 44 Tizzlz thumb.gif Those look and hook badass all chopped up

If it is going to be a swamper it will be a 44 TSL. I don't like the looks of IROKS and I have heard about a lot of cut side walls with them. I would like to see it with a set of 39 crawlers but there is still that part of me that has a lot of love for a 44 TSL. I have really been paying attention to sticky tires lately and the are awesome when its dry but when its wet they don't hook up any better for what I have seen. I haven't seen it all ,and I have heard of some amazing thing from these when its wet just haven't seen it.

I might build the buggy to fit both with upper coil over mounts to adjust the suspension from a 40 to a 44. I am really just going to lean on the customer for the over all look of what he wants. But every one rest assured that there won't be any boggers on it.

Also got a call from a guy last night I might get a chance at that comp buggy y'all want to see.

GONOVRIT said:
How would 2 steering D80's compare to 2 rocks weight wise? The strength would have to be close, until you threw in the Randy O shafts I guess.

They guys at Dyna Trac said the weight would be to close to call and they still only have a 37 spline axle going in the carrier. With building a chassis around the rocks there was not any benefit of the eighty's except for the looks. They were almost double in the cost and for that I wanted guaranteed no breakage. Randy Overson is the only one not scared.