• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheel preference

jeffroadams

Just bought some 39.5"x13.5" iroks. Trying to decide if I'm going to buy 8" or 10" wide wheels. I'll also be doing DIY beadlocks. So do I go with the 9" or 11"? Who's running what width wheels with these tires and do you like it?

well I don't have "those" tires but I prefer the 8" rims they tend to make your tire stand up a little taller and if your doing the DIY beadlocks that's going to put you at 9 anyway.

The DIY beadlocks is where I'm hung up. Maybe I'm sweat'n the small stuff, but I want to make sure 9"isn't too narrow or 11" being to wide.

My first diy's i used 10" wheels and My tires looked like ballons. Gone to 8" and have found the work great.

Check out mayham metal works. Best diy's that i have been able to find.

Total metal innovations for the diys.. integrated anti coning.. I like mine.. I run the same tires on 8"wheels and they work well

I've used DIY beadlocks before. I had a set of Bobby's on my old rig. I'm curious about the characteristics of the tire on the different width wheels.

I'd run the 8" wheels which should turn into 9" wheels with the bead-locks installed.

You also need to take into account the inner bead which does not have a bead-lock and therefore is more susceptible to losing a bead being on the wider 10" wheel. If you are only running deep snow the 10" wheel (11" with bead-lock) should be an advantage for greater flotation, however if you plan to run in all terrains including rocks then the 8" should be the safer bet.

if you dont have a preference on the wheel. Summit's are cheep i just paid 66 a wheel for 17's. i thing 15's where cheaper.