• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheel preference

Why? Single locks have worked fine for the rest of the world for decades. No real reason to run inner beadlocks.

But why do you need outer locks if not running inner other than to prevent it from spinning on the wheel?

I have also read on here about issues guys have with "burping" air and kicking the inside bead.

Seems like inner locks would be a lot of unnecessary work. I would imagine you would have to grind the **** out of the wheel to get the bead to go over the lip.

But why do you need outer locks if not running inner other than to prevent it from spinning on the wheel?

I have also read on here about issues guys have with "burping" air and kicking the inside bead.

That's exactly why you need outer locks. That and the fact that the outer bead takes a lot more abuse than the inside due to pushing against the bead with the wheel turned.Burping air and losing the inside bead can be avoided with better safety bead.........
Given all of this you can do a lot with safety beads and no beadlocks. I ran that combo for quite some time and the biggest issue I had was crap getting pushed into the bead making leaks.