• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which is better automatic or manual trans?

i have a stick in mine. i'm gettin where i really like it. we do alot of powerline riding i like the way the 4speed holds u back when u come off the hills.

I have a manual and at times I REALLY wish I had an auto but I dont want to swap it out till I have a motor and trans and case to put in place of the 4.0 and nv3550. When I do swap, it will DEFINITELY be an auto, but that aint gonna happen for a while...I'll be damned if I go another summer without my Jeep and I dont have the funds to start on a swap project anyway...So iguess I will do the 3 pedal 2 step for a little while longer.. :driving:

P ran a stick for the longest and hated it.... IMO :driving:

Runs an auto now and seems to be happier.

As far as I go, I can't drive, talk, apply make-up, change cd's and what not if I have to bother with a stick molaugh

The one I have now is my first auto, and I feel like I am in heaven...its so much easier to drive for my style of driving, but there are ups and downs to both.

I have had both , Prefer the auto over manual . Doin the two step in the floor with the pedals is no fun when you can't dance. On the other hand a manual gives you a better crawl ratio with out goin to to deep into your pocket.
It's all in what kind of drivin style you have and what you are bliudin your for.

I prefer auto usually... BUT.. I do love the **** outta my setup in the yota... it's so stupid low I don't have to worry about shifting :woot:

Yeah I'm with you...I like the 5 speed with twin cases option. If you need to stop just push in the clutch. No trying to mash the brakes to the floor to get her to stop!

Tricky question! I like a manual in smaller horsepower setup 4cyl or 6 cyl especially w/ a larger tire. Gears make a big difference as well in this scenario. I like to be able to bump the clutch at higher rpm's giving the smaller engines a chance to get more wheel speed when needed. I've had auto's in smaller hp rigs and with larger tires they seem lack the extra juice when needed.

Latest posts