• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which pass if any?

Really? I never have mine up when I park there. Guess i'll start.

Ieve the exact verbage on the Northwest Forest Pass says it is for parking at day use/recreation sites on national forest land. I always just hang mine In the window whenever I'm parked anywere in the national forest.

NW forest pass is only required when parking at specific forest service trail heads. I'm fairly sure parking along the 70 road requires no pass but to be sure look it up on the FS web site.

If you are a hunter you get a free forest pass with your license, it works as both a NW Forest pass and Discovery Pass :awesomework:

I called the forest service today and you do need a NWFS pass to park tow rigs off 70 rd.

I was just curious because a couple years ago when I asked the forest service they said I didnt need one

Thanks

If you are disabled you can get a pass for free or in some cases not even need a pass.

I have a National Parks/Federal Lands pass to get in free at places like Yosemite etc...and a CA disabled pass to get camping etc for 50% off.

Check the above mentioned websites for details if you qualify.:awesomework:

You actually pay for it, it's just buried in the fees for hunting....

Not really.
None of the hunting pass money goes into the three agency pool of funds.
(Parks 84%, WDFW 8%, DNR 8%)

Similar to buying an ORV pass.
None of that goes to the three agency d-pass fund either.
All of it goes to motorized recreation NOVA grants.

True, but you would be surprised at how many people get it and a forest pass, simply because they don't understand the two are the same.

Only the same on WDFW managed land.

Hunting/fishing license does not get you out of the d-pass on State Parks or DNR managed public land.

Only the same on WDFW managed land.

Hunting/fishing license does not get you out of the d-pass on State Parks or DNR managed public land.

The parking thing you get with your hunting license is a Discovery Pass, it says it on the back and has the logo, I use it at parks all the time.

The parking thing you get with your hunting license is a Discovery Pass, it says it on the back and has the logo, I use it at parks all the time.

Interesting.

That is contrary to section 5 of SB5622.

"The vehicle access pass is created solely for access to the department of fish and wildlife recreation sites or lands."

Interesting.

That is contrary to section 5 of SB5622.

"The vehicle access pass is created solely for access to the department of fish and wildlife recreation sites or lands."

That may be, but every ORV area is within a hunting unit, and therefore considered WDFW lands.

That may be, but every ORV area is within a hunting unit, and therefore considered WDFW lands.

You might want to check that before you try explaining it to a LEO. WDFW lands are lands managed by WDFW. DNR lands are lands managed by DNR. By your reasoning, private land with a hunting unit would also be considered WDFW lands.

You might want to check that before you try explaining it to a LEO. WDFW lands are lands managed by WDFW. DNR lands are lands managed by DNR. By your reasoning, private land with a hunting unit would also be considered WDFW lands.

The passes are for the ORV areas, no ORV areas, that I know of, covered by the passes are on private land.

Also, WDFW manages the wildlife on DNR lands and FS lands within this state.