• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

Have you pulled or replaced your spark plugs?

Sounds simple, but I had the same issue on my old 4runner... Electrodes were gone on the plugs, it ran "ok" at higher rpm though...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

TBItoy said:
Have you pulled or replaced your spark plugs?

Sounds simple, but I had the same issue on my old 4runner... Electrodes were gone on the plugs, it ran "ok" at higher rpm though...

Yup, they look okay?

2aqebeta.jpg

jeba2aqe.jpg

New platinum NGK's, no difference...

ubugy2ez.jpg

Guess I'll go ahead and order vaporizer and mixer rebuild parts this week and see what happens.

I rebuilt my vaporizers and mixers on my motor from the diagrams sent with the kits not that big of a deal thumb.gif good luck with that

TacomaJD said:
New platinum NGK's, no difference...

ubugy2ez.jpg

Guess I'll go ahead and order vaporizer and mixer rebuild parts this week and see what happens.
The truck is probably just sick of you drinking shitty beer! Try Guinness and see if it'll run! molaugh

Re: Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

Fire Freak said:
I rebuilt my vaporizers and mixers on my motor from the diagrams sent with the kits not that big of a deal thumb.gif good luck with that

Yeah they are fairly simple to disassemble. I've already had mine apart twice checking everything and can't see anything wrong with them. Which is why I hate spending $100 on **** to rebuild em, but I'm kinda running out of options here.

Has to be something with fuel supply. It just won't crank or idle on it's own. Spray brake cleaner in mixer, and it'll crank right up and run smoothly with responsive throttle, just like normal, until I let off the gas down to idling rpm's, then it dies and won't start back on it's own.

To to autozone rent a vacuum gun apply vacuum to lock off and start if everything runs and idles then diaphragms are ok.

InittowiniT said:
To to autozone rent a vacuum gun apply vacuum to lock off and start if everything runs and idles then diaphragms are ok.

Brillaint. I still think it is a vacuum leak. But, what do I know, I cook with propane. Makes good burgers and steaks.

Re:

He doesn't have a vacuum lockoff. Vacuum that we keep referring to is the engine pulling through the fuel feed hose between the regulator and mixer

InittowiniT said:
That would work if you could figure out how to hook both wires of the electric lock off to the vacuum pump

Is it all back together? If so have someone hold their hand partially covering the intake hole this will create more vacuum at the carb!

You said earlier that when you press the primer button you feel vapor coming out the mixer. That should not be happening. If you are getting vapor out of the mixer then the air valve assembly is not seating properly or something else is wrong. You should have to raise the diaphragm manually when pressing the primer to get vapor out of the mixer. I just looked at the air valve in your photos. The metering cone is not in the middle of the air valve housing that the diaphragm attaches to. Did it come loose? Normally those cones are riveted in place or the end of it is swedged down to hold it in place. If that cone came loose there will be no vacuum.

Also on a separate note it looks like the mixer is set up on the rich side. Normally the adjustment is placed in the middle between rich to lean which means you are probably using more fuel than needed.

altfuel1991 said:
You said earlier that when you press the primer button you feel vapor coming out the mixer. That should not be happening. If you are getting vapor out of the mixer then the air valve assembly is not seating properly or something else is wrong. You should have to raise the diaphragm manually when pressing the primer to get vapor out of the mixer. I just looked at the air valve in your photos. The metering cone is not in the middle of the air valve housing that the diaphragm attaches to. Did it come loose? Normally those cones are riveted in place or the end of it is swedged down to hold it in place. If that cone came loose there will be no vacuum.

Also on a separate note it looks like the mixer is set up on the rich side. Normally the adjustment is placed in the middle between rich to lean which means you are probably using more fuel than needed.

^^^^^

Buddy is the man!

Get a lighter and turn it up high

Crank up the pane full blast

Start unhookng **** and stick said lighter up to it

Find your problem or die trying fawker