• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Winches!!!!!!!

datsunon40s

I am not sure which winch to run in the front of my toyota. I have a warn 8274 that I bought for it but I like the smaller size and lighter weight of the lay down style. give me some opinions of what you have used and what you like!!! NOTE: I am running a harbor frieght 8000 in the rear for 3 years now and its never failed!:awesomework:

If I had an 8274 I'd run it in the front, you just can't beat 'em, If I was hurting for space then I would run a Warn 9000xi, but on the front of the yota you should be fine.

Yup you cant beat an 8274 winch.

If you can't fit the 8274, I'd go for a warn XD900i. Or for the ultimate in space and pullability I'd go with an M8000.

8274......is the ****!,,,,,,,,,fast and strong!....I would have one but it's too big for my perameters....best thing i've seen:cheer:

Seriously, since you've already got it, make the 8274 fit. I can't even compare it to the old M8000 I traded for it. I traded a working M8000 straight across for an 8274 that needed some work on the motor and a good going through/cleaning up and solenoid rewire, and it's probably the best decision I ever made.

The only thing I don't like is that it's kind of a bear to free spool the cable out.

mine has the ribbed motor. talked to my buddy and he said it was the second to newest model not the 8274-50 "but still bad ass none the less" his exact words... Is having this "winch of all winches" worth loosing a decent amount of approach angle??????

Let me see if I can find some pics of my old roommate's '81 toy with an 8274 mounted up on the front... it worked out pretty well and didn't stick out too far.

did he cut his grill out ?? I cant tell. I planned on cutting the grille and the support behind it to get it as close to the truck as possible!

did he cut his grill out ?? I cant tell. I planned on cutting the grille and the support behind it to get it as close to the truck as possible!

Yes, he cut the grill and I think some of the support too... from what I recall it was about as tucked in there as you can get. Also, you can see it's tilted forward some too. I don't have any more pictures or more details on how he did it... I'm pretty sure he just cut as much as he could away and built the bumper around it.

I am not sure which winch to run in the front of my toyota. I have a warn 8274 that I bought for it but I like the smaller size and lighter weight of the lay down style. give me some opinions of what you have used and what you like!!! NOTE: I am running a harbor frieght 8000 in the rear for 3 years now and its never failed!:awesomework:

Trade ya your 8274 for my mx8000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, if it's that nice you might be able to find someone who would trade you an xd9000 for yours. A lot of us Cruiser guys can only run these unless they want to do alot of mods to their mounts.

No thanks... if I went with a laydown it would be a 9.5ti or an m12000:awesomework: little overkill but what the hell!

LOL, I figured that--had to try!!! I've also got an 8274 for my tow rig, and like others say, I'm not giving it up for nothin!!!Run the 8274, if you mount it as tight as possible, you won't have any issues!!!:awesomework:

sweet guys thanks for helping out ..... just for kicks is there anyone that doesnt like the 8274?? haha ...still open to more opinions!

Yeah, I don't like that it is an uneven number... How many other winches out there are like this? Like it has a 8274# rating...

I will trade you my xd9003i for it. :redneck: