• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wing Debate

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
Bone in.....Boneless.....and this is a new one to me, "wing only"(no legs)?!

And if bone in, small or big/meaty?

Our local Aubrey's does 75 cent wings on Wednesdays and I think they have some the better ones I've ever had. They're bone in, and THICK/MEATY and mix it up with leg and wing. Super tender and sauce is great. Some co-workers tell me "wings are supposed to be WINGS, no legs....and small so they're more tender".

I call bullshit.

I've had some Big Kahuna wings are they're.....ok. Had both Wild Wings Cafe and Buffalo Wild Wings and they're good, mainly their Garlic Parm ones. For boneless, I think Sonic of all places does it pretty damn good!.

There's also Mexi-Wings place in Sweetwater that does'em pretty good.

Anybody have a take on all this goodness?

Definitely bone-in. As for the Flats verses the Drumettes, I don't care either way. And if I'm eating wings, I want em HOT!! Like they came off of a phoenix instead of a chicken, or a :JRich: new flatscreen tv. And ice cold beer with em of course. :drinkers: That is all.

Bone in all the way, well done and hot as hell!!! Boneless is for kids and woman! :****: :eat: And a cold beer with them! :drinkers:

Bone in. Whole wings. Fried til almost crispy. Hot buffalo sauce is what I consider traditional and how I like mine but over the past few years I have ventured out to try other sauces and like a bunch of them hot honey gold and Mango habanero are my two favorites. I am pretty certain the best wings are found at urban owned establishments.

All that being said, I will take big fat wings and smoke them then drop them in the fryer at the end then douse it with bbq sauce....not traditional but GOOD!!!!

Definitely bone in, boneless are chicken nuggets=weak. Up here we get in drummies and flappers. Never had legs with wings? Definitely big and meaty, place up here called roosters has great wings, side of bacon ranch fries and a pitcher of coors light and I'm in heaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely Bone in. My family owned a Wing restaurant for 13 years (worked in the kitchen off and on in between sports and school for about 10 of those years, and i have had every combination imaginable. We served what was considered a Jumbo wing, (not as big as they seem). I still eat wings from their at least every month sometimes every week. A few of my favorite combinations are (all mixed together, Teriyaki, Garlic, and Spice (Tony Chachere Creole); Hot and Garlic mixed together, also Our sweet heat ( Honey BBQ wings layered with Hot and Teriyaki Glaze drizzled over the top. I enjoy grilled or smoked wings as much as i do fried with the same sauces.
My Mouth is watering and its .50 cent wing day on Thursday.... I know what im ordering for supper

I will eat them any way possible. I've went boneless a few times here lately but only if I don't feel like wearing it for the rest of the day. Like if we are hitting up a wing joint for lunch and headed to do something the rest of the day. But I prefer buffalo fried bone in.

Been smoking my own alot with some stubbs habenero wing sauce and hot buffalo mixed up. They turn out awesome.

BUG-E J said:
Been smoking my own alot with some stubbs habenero wing sauce and hot buffalo mixed up. They turn out awesome.

Those wings sound awesome, I'll have to give that a shot.

I like fried bone in wings, crispy. Usually Buffalo or Spicy Teriyaki is my go to flavors.

money_pit_yj said:
Bone in. Whole wings. Fried til almost crispy. Hot buffalo sauce is what I consider traditional and how I like mine but over the past few years I have ventured out to try other sauces and like a bunch of them hot honey gold and Mango habanero are my two favorites. I am pretty certain the best wings are found at urban owned establishments.

All that being said, I will take big fat wings and smoke them then drop them in the fryer at the end then douse it with bbq sauce....not traditional but GOOD!!!!

Smofried is the best. That's how Moes BBQ does it.

are you calling the little drumstick looking part a "leg"?

YOu know that is just the back part of the wing...

Drummies and Flats/Flaps/Flappers.

I prefer the flats, smoked then flash fried to crisp the skin, no breading.

DustIn's Down Home Sauces 'J Henry Hot' or 'Exit Wound' for dipping on the side.

https://www.facebook.com/DownHomeSauces/

BUG-E J said:
I will eat them any way possible. I've went boneless a few times here lately but only if I don't feel like wearing it for the rest of the day. Like if we are hitting up a wing joint for lunch and headed to do something the rest of the day. But I prefer buffalo fried bone in.

Blues hog BBQ sauce and butter.....find something to spice it up to your liking (I use franks and or purred jalapeños) and you will backhand anybody that tries to take a bite!!!

Damn you guys really get into this stuff.

The one thing I did like at Big Kahuna Wings was that they give you the wings but they give you the sauce separate so you can dip it... And they also do what they call a flight of sauces so you can try a lot of different flavors.

It was a lot less messy.

money_pit_yj said:
Blues hog BBQ sauce and butter.....find something to spice it up to your liking (I use franks and or purred jalapeños) and you will backhand anybody that tries to take a bite!!!
Yeah the Franks buffalo is what I use. I mix it with the stubbs and cover them with the sauce then let them sit in the fridge over night. I smoke them about an hour on one side then flip them and reapply the sauce and smoke them about another hour. Turn out amazing! :****:

zayne2427 said:
Definitely Bone in. My family owned a Wing restaurant for 13 years (worked in the kitchen off and on in between sports and school for about 10 of those years, and i have had every combination imaginable. We served what was considered a Jumbo wing, (not as big as they seem). I still eat wings from their at least every month sometimes every week. A few of my favorite combinations are (all mixed together, Teriyaki, Garlic, and Spice (Tony Chachere Creole); Hot and Garlic mixed together, also Our sweet heat ( Honey BBQ wings layered with Hot and Teriyaki Glaze drizzled over the top. I enjoy grilled or smoked wings as much as i do fried with the same sauces.
My Mouth is watering and its .50 cent wing day on Thursday.... I know what im ordering for supper

We are headed up there for 50c wings. Love the fried wings. But smoked will always have my heart.