• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you support DNR re-opening (temporary) old Reiter?

Should DNR re-open (temp) old reiter (please read below first!)

• Yes!

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Yes, and I'd be willing to pledge money to help

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • No, stay out and wait for new Reiter to be built

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Boobies and Pizza!

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters

japerry

With lack of places to recreate, and lack of funds to build new Reiter, there has been talk about what to do if old Reiter were to re-open.

This thread is not about debating whether or not DNR will do this, its a hypothetical assuming they are already planning it. So comment accordingly :awesomework:

Imagine this press release went out...
DNR Imaginary dreamy press release said:

Last edited:
Yes, at least a few miles of trails. The only problem I see is enforcement.

I would also think that hypothetically, if this were to happen, we would see trails designated out, and people would have to stay on these trails.

Also, not sure about the powerlines, as there sounds like there is a situation there. :scratchhead:

With lack of places to recreate, and lack of funds to build new Reiter, there has been talk about what to do if old Reiter were to re-open.

This thread is not about debating whether or not DNR will do this, its a hypothetical assuming they are already planning it. So comment accordingly :awesomework:

Imagine this scenario...
If DNR decided to re-open old Reiter until new Reiter was finished, would you support such a decision or fight it?

We're not talking about just the Deer flats road, we're talking about re-opening everything except the following:

• [*]Anything past May Creek (Issy, Doom, etc)
    [*]Sac-up (because of the restoration efforts and proximity to Hogarty creek)
    [*]Deer Creek*

*Deer creek is a maybe, depends on what the city of Index would say to it.

Additionally, if it took funds to re-open old Reiter -- would you be willing to pledge money to open it, even if it was only a year. (Basically to re-coup the restoration efforts already done, and to appease Menke Timber).

Lastly, would re-opening of Reiter change your attitude towards the DNR or the land. Aka would you be willing to put in more volunteer hours to keep old reiter from getting 'trashed' -- would you be willing to still put in hours to build the new Reiter?

To be perfectly honest.. I have only been up that way a hand full of times... SO I really dont know the area all to well.. I do know that T.O.D,Izzy,Cable trail,and the Rock garden are sick area's to wheel... So your saying those area's would be offlimits still? I believe those all lead to Grumpy's trail and abunch of other 1 off trails that kinda made Reiter known for its difficulty...

Just asking:awesomework:

Get the private timber company on board and we are golden. :awesomework: Permission has been denied several times.

To be perfectly honest.. I have only been up that way a hand full of times... SO I really dont know the area all to well.. I do know that T.O.D,Izzy,Cable trail,and the Rock garden are sick area's to wheel... So your saying those area's would be offlimits still? I believe those all lead to Grumpy's trail and abunch of other 1 off trails that kinda made Reiter known for its difficulty...

Just asking:awesomework:

Cable and rock garden and rhino land would be open.. as well as many others

Remember folks we're talking about the hypothetical reopening... Not the process in which to actually get it open.

First, need to find out if wheelers WANT it open. THEN we figure out how to do it :awesomework:

So the rock garden would be open. what about TOD or Rhino land? dont they lead into each other?

No, TOD was an offshoot loop on the issy trail. Basically everything that was open immediately before total closure would be open again.. with the exception of Sac-up, which has been restored.

Have you even been out to Reiter and walked around? Do you even know what you are talking about?

With some resent land slides and a very strong need to stay out of all the creeks you will be severely limited to what you can do...

Deleted much of my comments...

This qualifies as a stupid question.:flipoff:
BTW Sackup was on private property so the DNR has no say to open or close it.

What? While it should be obvious that -most- wheelers want it open, the attitudes from other threads have led me (and others :;) to think people who are organized and/or vocal in the 4x4 community might want it to remain closed.

Sacup: I'm not talking about DNR saying its open or closed, it could be Menke, etc. the point is -- in a hypothetical, sac up is closed because it was restored/destroyed.

Have you even been out to Reiter and walked around? Do you even know what you are talking about?

With some resent land slides and a very strong need to stay out of all the creeks you will be severely limited to what you can do...

Deleted much of my comments...

Gawddamnit... Learn to read. :fawkdancesmiley:

Hypothetical

What? While it should be obvious that -most- wheelers want it open, the attitudes from other threads have led me (and others :;) to think people who are organized and/or vocal in the 4x4 community might want it to remain closed.

Sacup: I'm not talking about DNR saying its open or closed, it could be Menke, etc. the point is -- in a hypothetical, sac up is closed because it was restored/destroyed.

I thought the logs and such dragged into Sac-up was to make it more of a challenge.... :redneck: It just has more ferns and logs to drive over. :;

Gawddamnit... Learn to read. :fawkdancesmiley:

Hypothetical

nothing is Hypothetical about Reiter and if DNR does not get funding and does not build the park, we all have been working on, then you will see my attitude change... but at this point you need to just go make your trails up north... I hear whatcom and Skagit countys are the place to be...