• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you support DNR re-opening (temporary) old Reiter?

Should DNR re-open (temp) old reiter (please read below first!)

• Yes!

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Yes, and I'd be willing to pledge money to help

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • No, stay out and wait for new Reiter to be built

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Boobies and Pizza!

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
I say No, keep it closed as the NR is being planned and maybe built. Horus has lots of great points and I think we need to be more American and take what is ours and stop being ridden by one or other government dictators. This not only goes for ORV but for the way this country is being run... but thats another thread.

I think the time for us to open OR will be when the DNR fails to open NR.. Then we should back take what is ours.. but I think we should give them a chance. I see slow forward movement on NR, its slow but its forward. Keep the faith that NR will be open soon.

If OR was to get opened I think it could cause confussion and damage... I just smell a hypothetical rat with this one just like the opening of deer creek rd.

Then don't turn it into one. As stated in the other Reiter thread I am not an OG. My first one was the work on the Wall trail. We filled the one really deep hole and blocked some illegal bypasses that ran very close to the stream. There was two more solid days of work put in on the Cable and Back Door trails. I was there for the work party to fix the entrance of Rhinoland but did not stay due to back injury from the night before. Both big yearly cleanups before closure.

Between my stack of mini DVDs I recorded and my photobucket account I can provide evidence to back ALL my claims. Anything I have said in recent threads regarding my wheelin and working at Reiter I can back. I have a stack of DVDs at home almost two feet high. They cover everything from KOH back to 235-75-15s on a stock rig wheelin Evans for the first time four ZJs ago. I'm prepared for my day in court.

If thats the case then you are one of the folks who helped give us a little more time to play there.

As I stated I said "no" and here is why

First off there has been a large volunteer effort to get where we are now from the restoration to the plans. Anything done against that is just a kick in the face to the community IMO.

Second if you look at what has brought us to this point and binder pointed this out pretty good about how the uneducated users (I think he used idiots) caused most of the issues we faced. If you get the word out its open again we will be right back where we are and probably worse.

Third look at the lands commissioner track record and what he stands for. If you notice not long after he was into office we started loosing areas (Izzy and BYS/sol/tree). That right there shows he isn't afraid of us and I am pretty sure he will have no problem enforcing the closure and thats just my gut feeling.

I see simply no give in this with him and only see mud in our face over this.

I hate to say it but the idiots as you said all ready think its open.

I won't even say its the idiots. somebody is giving out incorrect information
A bunch of friends of mine in canada have been given wrong information on this as well.
Fortunately, the people i know, have actually called and asked.
Hey, is reiter open, i read it was..

I had to disapoint them.

Crash, you have valid points for keeping it closed. I see both sides of the argument here.

What in the lower end is privately owned and do they care/even know? That is my new question. Hear me out. What if DNR opened the bottom main parking area. Install ecology blocks and signs along the top of Poopchute, maybe between the drop-in and the fire tower base some would play on. Maybe some similar treatment to the top end of Sac-up, if appropriate. leave the whole upper end closed! Yes, this would mean no Rhinoland, Cable, Grumpy's or even the Rock Garden where I still have lines I never checked off.:mad:

Open the main lot and the road through the powerlines and up to the OM. This would give us the Rockface, Tree Maze, Bonus Round, Step Up and even that old fire tower base as a place to turn around.

I realize the OM and other areas down lower were on private land. Do the owners really care if rock buggies are recreating on their land? My point is they didn't seem to care before. You really can't damage the OM or the Rockface. You can offload in the main area and drive through the Tree Maze to the Rockface, up over Step Up then back around and all the way to the 'mall and never once cross a stream!

DNR is not giving permission to use private land. They are merely granting access to the main lot and the gravel road leading up to where Sac Up once ended. The upper end is fairly well blocked as is. Cap off Poopchute and it is highly unlikely anyone will be crossing those streams in that area (unless they are already doing it.)

Please don't just tear my proposition apart with the details. Think about it for awhile. If everything east of Step Up remained closed we won't touch streams or previous restoration work. We Get Rocks Back Now.

Crash, you have valid points for keeping it closed. I see both sides of the argument here.

What in the lower end is privately owned and do they care/even know? That is my new question. Hear me out. What if DNR opened the bottom main parking area. Install ecology blocks and signs along the top of Poopchute, maybe between the drop-in and the fire tower base some would play on. Maybe some similar treatment to the top end of Sac-up, if appropriate. leave the whole upper end closed! Yes, this would mean no Rhinoland, Cable, Grumpy's or even the Rock Garden where I still have lines I never checked off.:mad:

Open the main lot and the road through the powerlines and up to the OM. This would give us the Rockface, Tree Maze, Bonus Round, Step Up and even that old fire tower base as a place to turn around.

I realize the OM and other areas down lower were on private land. Do the owners really care if rock buggies are recreating on their land? My point is they didn't seem to care before. You really can't damage the OM or the Rockface. You can offload in the main area and drive through the Tree Maze to the Rockface, up over Step Up then back around and all the way to the 'mall and never once cross a stream!

DNR is not giving permission to use private land. They are merely granting access to the main lot and the gravel road leading up to where Sac Up once ended. The upper end is fairly well blocked as is. Cap off Poopchute and it is highly unlikely anyone will be crossing those streams in that area (unless they are already doing it.)

Please don't just tear my proposition apart with the details. Think about it for awhile. If everything east of Step Up remained closed we won't touch streams or previous restoration work. We Get Rocks Back Now.

yeah if you block poopchute and the top of sackup to keep everyone out and made sure to keep maycreek closed you could open up some wheeling and still stay out of creeks and keep everyone out of upper Reiter so as not to ****up the new trail plans you could maybe keep some people happy...:corn:

What in the lower end is privately owned and do they care/even know?

Nearly all of sackup is on private property and the rock face is state parks. Yes Manke has been contacted and no they will not give anyone permission to wheel their property.....That's not saying there's anyone there to call the police.:; The big issue with the Manke stuff is that you have to drive across state land to get to it. There's also BPA issues as I don't think BPA owns any of the land but they have right of ways....

I'm listening. But I don't matter...The DNR needs to be listening.

They aren't going to. This thread is going nowhere and the DNR will never agree to open old Reiter like it was. Not even part of it........But hey anyone can feel free to chase whatever ghosts they want.:cheer:

They aren't going to. This thread is going nowhere and the DNR will never agree to open old Reiter like it was. Not even part of it........But hey anyone can feel free to chase whatever ghosts they want.:cheer:

exactly my point. I applaud those that want to fight the DNR as much as I do those that want to work with the DNR. It all helps keep the Reiter dream alive:;

This is a good thread and I enjoy reading all the ideas and seeing others get excited about the possibility's:cool:

Last edited:
I'm listening. But I don't matter...The DNR needs to be listening.

exactly my point. I applaud those that want to fight the DNR as much as I do those that want to work with the DNR. It all helps keep the Reiter dream alive:;

This is a good thread and I enjoy reading all the ideas and seeing others get excited about the possibility's:cool:

its all hypothetical right :corn::stirpot:

A lot of this is posible with the wording on the access pass and rec use on private land. OM is a posibility if it passes