• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wrong turn

Jody Treadway said:
My wife and I were nearly killed in SC about 4 years ago...
We needed a cheap mini van for our aging alaskan malamute to ride in since he couldn't load into our trucks or SUVs anymore. We found a $2000 Voyager online in Greenwood SC and took off in my Super Duty with trailer behind it. I did my best sleuthing at the time and it seemed legit.
When we got close I called the "owner" and asked him to meet us at a gas station about 1/4 mile from his house since I had a trailer with me. He refused and insisted we meet him at his house. I already knew his address was near a public housing complex and was one way in, one way out.
I pulled into the gas station and called him again and he again insisted on meeting at his place. My BS detector was going off and I had a bad feeling. I could see his house from the station and saw him talking on the phone with me. No van in sight and about half dozen of his friends hanging out in front of his place.
A cop was across the street monitoring a school bus stop. I approached him and asked him about the neighborhood. Honest to God, the first thing he said was "Are you carrying?" I told him was and I had a CCW permit. He told me that was a good thing in this hood. I told him why I was there and how much cash we had. He then said people get killed here over $100 so take that how you wish.
I told me wife we were leaving and as we drove away I could see the road just past the dude's house was blocked and there were even more neighbors at his place...
I know if we had pulled in there we would have been blocked in and God only knows what would have happened to my wife once I was killed.

That's why if i'm doing craigslist I carry a little something extra in the truck. Figure i'll have 16 shots to make it to the truck then it's a different ball game.

Jody Treadway said:
My wife and I were nearly killed in SC about 4 years ago...

exgf and her husband were robbed in a similar fashion. Thugs were more elaborate though (and white)

They were looking at a Tacoma, decent price, not cheap enough to seem odd though. Address was in nice neighborhood outside Memphis, house was for sale (listed w/ sign in the yard). Story was it was "Grandpa's" truck, he had passed away and "Grandma" was selling the truck and house. After mulitple phone calls, pics exchanged, etc they drive down to the address they were given, were told the truck was in the garage and to call when they got to the house.
They call, "Grandson" shows up with some other thugs, they get drug out of their car at gunpoint and husband is beat with a buttstock. Thugs make off with the $16K.

tonybolton said:
SHEEEEEET!!!!!!! I hate white people.

I pretty much hate all people until I decide otherwise.
Seems the only way to not get taken for a fool these days.

Every time we talk about that Greenwood experience, it shakes us up badly. We really were like *this* close to being a statistic.

One time we were on a trip across the west in my dads square body Suburban and our camper. We stopped for gas and the attendant suggested a short cut so we followed it. We had a blow out on the desolate road which seemed to have been caused by some sort of boobie trap. Well it turns out that this was a former nuclear test site and there were some mutated people living out there that were cannibals and had paid off the gas station attendant to send folks there way. They terrorized us for days until we finally killed them all and got out of there. It was a scary ordeal, almost like it was a movie or something Apparently we did not kill them because they ended up eating a National Guard unit they lured in their. It is a very sad ordeal that I still dont like to talk about.

When the inbred fawker raped the preggo chick in Hills Have Eyes 1, me and my girlfriend I had at that time got up and left. Went with several friends, us and another couple got up and left. I don't like super morally wrong **** in movies like that. Didn't even cross my mind to watch the sequel.

TacomaJD said:
When the inbred fawker raped the preggo chick in Hills Have Eyes 1, me and my girlfriend I had at that time got up and left. Went with several friends, us and another couple got up and left. I don't like super morally wrong **** in movies like that. Didn't even cross my mind to watch the sequel.
I did the exact same thing

tonybolton said:
Then you shouldn't watch the remake of the LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT......over 2/3rds the theater got up and left during "a scene".

Is that a recent movie? I think I may have watched the old one when the dudes raped the young girl in the woods and she ended up swimming back to someones house or something?

I think the original was back in the 80s or maybe 90s but there was one done in 2000 up sometime that was pretty disturbing even for me.

What you're describing is pretty much the same though.

Ok, I just Googled it because that's what I do. I saw the newest one, came out in 2009. It was effed up but not near as bad as Hills Have Eyes.

House of 1000 Corpses and Hills Have Eyes are the two worst movies I have ever watched. House of 1000 Corpses was bad....really bad. Way worse than Devil's Rejects.

OH, forgot...Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. Make that 3 worst movies I've ever seen. Left out of the theater watching that one too. Lol.

Now those are like real horror movies you have to go into those movies expecting just to see some ****ed up **** . I didn't expect to see a young girl get raped in that one movie.

Horror movies are about all I ever really watch ...with that said I'll be watching the new Halloween coming out and the Jigsaw movie.

I don't ever expect them to knock me off my feet but as long as they're entertaining that's their job.

The only horror movies that I absolutely cannot watch are the ones that are heavily comedy based.

Re:

That is a trailer for the new Halloween movie.

Back to other movies you listed, I am interested in the Jigsaw movie. The first saw movies came out for me when going on dates to the movies was cool. I remember how awesome the first few were. I watched all of them, the main one I cringed on was when the bitch fell in the pit of needles lol. But I can handle those movies just fine. Even the original It didn't really bother me too much. Woild like to see the new one, but I never make time to go to the movies anymore and if we do go, the wife doesn't like anything scary anyways, or we have the little one with us and go to watch a kid movie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts