• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zero turn mower

Hahaha. I ageee. I think my 60 inch exmark will do around 13 or 14, which when the front two wheels hit a bump and start wobbling feels to be about 65 miles an hour, I can't remember but I was thinking around 8 miles an hour you can cut grass depending on how tall it is.. Exmark and scag (prob all companies) have a chart that tells you different mowers and how much grass they will cut per hour. I know some of the big 72 inch will cut God knows how many acres in a hour!! It's crazy. But yes 16 miles an hours is only to get down the road real quick to the next patch of grass for us. :****: my oldest mower is probably seven years old now is the walk behind, keep the old changed in the regular maintenance.. And well it's like a Honda, XR 80... Just Cant kill it. Leave me with the two knuckleheads I have working for me, you can bet your nuts they don't give a **** about equipment. Only the person that paid for it does! But seriously Exmark is the only way to go in my opinion, that is if you have a dealer close. I would reconsider possibly if there was nothing you were close for random parts and service stuff. They come with a two-year warranty I think.

Toddy said:
You can't stay in the seat on any yard ivd been on. 16 don't seem that fast but it's ****ing flying on a mower in a yard.

Toddy

Agreed the only time it's somewhat useful is for double cutting when you want to hit the stripes a second time. I have several close friends in the grass cutting business that I've worked for back in the summers when I was in college. They all cut between 130 - 200+ yards per week. Each of them used to run Exmark but about 4 to 5 years ago they all switched over to Hustler and now they swear by them. Don't get me wrong tho, Exmark is a great mower no question. I'm just saying that if you have never cut with a hustler before you should give it a shot. If you're in the nashville area, go see my friends Kyle and Clay with Nashville lawn equipment on Thompson Lane. They can probably set you up with a demo unit for a day or 2

I been researching and trying to pickout a residential mower for myself. Hustler is the only residential grade under 3k with a welded deck vs stamped. everywhere ive priced the raptor 52" its been 2999.99. Has anyone had this mower? I own 3acres but I bet my actual yard I mow isn't 3/4-1 acre.

I have a Kubota ZD326, its a diesel with a 60" cut. I've been very happy with it, traded a ZD21 diesel in on it three years ago. Will mow about anything.

pushrod-racing said:
I been researching and trying to pickout a residential mower for myself. Hustler is the only residential grade under 3k with a welded deck vs stamped. everywhere ive priced the raptor 52" its been 2999.99. Has anyone had this mower? I own 3acres but I bet my actual yard I mow isn't 3/4-1 acre.

Step up to the Raptor SD. Better pumps and foot lift deck. It's worth the extra 1k. I do 0% for 48 months. Can't beat that.

So far I'm happy with the 54" SD I got at begining of mowing season. Got about 12 hours on it so far.

Toddy

Re: Re: Re: Zero turn mower

Toddy said:
You can't stay in the seat on any yard ivd been on. 16 don't seem that fast but it's ****ing flying on a mower in a yard.

Toddy
I like the cup holders I see on some of the push mowers or zero turns, great idea in theory but shitty in real world use.

997 John Deere nothing out there will cut with it got 4 of them now we have had them all
Got a Gravely 260z 25HP Kawasaki hydro deck 574 hrs for sale now if you interested

you get what you pay for i promise ! :****:! u cant go wrong with exmark or scag, more money but awesome machines ,parts are super easy to find and they are tough ass hell

well I took the advice of a few of you on here and instead of buying a std raptor hustler I bought the hustler raptor sd today in a 54" cut. I only got to mow a few strips but I am very pleased with how well it Is built esp considering it has HUGE tires, Kawasaki engine, welded deck, 3 yrs warranty, and 0% all for under 4k. I think it be hard to beat that.

yjwrangler95 said:
I have a Kubota ZD326, its a diesel with a 60" cut. I've been very happy with it, traded a ZD21 diesel in on it three years ago. Will mow about anything.

This. If you wanna buy a mower built like a tank and will last forever. All others are toys compared the ZG/ZG 300 series or even 200 series Kubota. Diesel Engines, Full Trans Axle with Hydraulic PTO, Deck Is shaft driven to a gear box on the deck. Deck Belt is a Double 5/8 Vbelt. Hydraulic Deck lift. Exmark, Toro, Hustler, Gravely, Dixie, Badboy, you name um, but none of them even have a model in their lineup that have features like that. But if I was gonna buy a mower for commercial cutting and put my :afro: on it, Id buy a exmark/toro.