• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1 Ton YJ Build

added this to the front hangers...

a-4.jpg

built a grill/rad support, finished welding in the tube on the drivers side and spent far too much time cutting off stock brackets and prepping the frame for
the plates.

a-5.jpg

Front end is all done. Will wait on building the shackle end until I can get the 60 under there and the tires to figure out how I want to set it up.

a-6.jpg

a-7.jpg

Gota tear the rear axle out and start the rear stretch along with tearing out the fuel tank and putting the cell in the back.

thanks dudes.

Figured out how much I gota rotate my knuckles and exactly how much I will have to narrow on the front 60 last night. Cut the welds and beat the **** out of the inner Cs. Major pain in the ass! If anyone has some tips let me know.

front looks great, but with all that beautiful fabrication, why didn't you put on tow hooks/winch anchors before you painted?

is that winch plate welded? if so, are you going full hydraulic steering?

thanks dudes.

Figured out how much I gota rotate my knuckles and exactly how much I will have to narrow on the front 60 last night. Cut the welds and beat the **** out of the inner Cs. Major pain in the ass! If anyone has some tips let me know.

How much are you narrowing per side?

How much are you narrowing per side?

3.25 long side, 1.25 short side. Will put my front at 65". That cast in mount on the pumpkin is a real bitch to work around. After thinking about it last night I could just narrow one side more and just make a spring perch that would sit partially on the tube then I could get my pinion out of a dirt a bit more. Honestly how important is proper caster with a trailer only full hydro rig?

front looks great, but with all that beautiful fabrication, why didn't you put on tow hooks/winch anchors before you painted?

is that winch plate welded? if so, are you going full hydraulic steering?

I have some hooks that bolt on. I will add a weld on d ring mount, but I didnt have one and I just wanted to get it painted. Easy enough to add later.

Yes it is welded, and yes I will be going full hydro. Need a steering box?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, might as well just do it wrong.

Doing it wrong intentionaly (or not knowing any better) and setting it up wrong in order to compensate for other issues are two different things.

In a full hydro setup it makes no difference because there is no return to center. If he was going to drive it on the road and use a steering box I would suggest doing the "right" way.

You're one to talk about doing things wrong though aren't you...

started building a buggy...

dumped buggy idea for a 4-Runner...

dumped 4-Runner to go back to a buggy...

You might as well have a ***** and wear womens clothing with your indecisiveness :haha: :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited:
Here is my take on it---do it right and don't cut corners....

And will you gilrs go someplace else to throw **** at each other :rolleyes:

Latest posts