• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4.3 Qs

toyzuk

so ive been lookin at getting a 93-2000 s10 blazer for a daily with possibly throwing my 1tons under it later on but cant find a whole lot of info on the 4.3. anyone got a link or info on which is the best years for the motors, years to avoid.

thanks in advance

so ive been lookin at getting a 93-2000 s10 blazer for a daily with possibly throwing my 1tons under it later on but cant find a whole lot of info on the 4.3. anyone got a link or info on which is the best years for the motors, years to avoid.

thanks in advance

TBI(87-94)---lowest power of the bunch. The early ones had a bad internal vibration. 94' had a ballance shaft and are the smoothest of the bunch. TBI is also the most simplified of the 3

CPI(92-95)-- Middle of the pack. They all have ballance shafts and are pretty smooth. They have better throttle response than the TBI but a bit more complicated. Not a bad motor.

SCPI(96-2004ish)-- Best of the 3 versions. These motors have great throttle response and are a sequential motor. These motors are the most complicated of the bunch

All 3 versions have been a great powerplant with durability like the SB.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

I have a 2001 4.3L Vortec in my buggy... love it but it is a little low on the power side. It is a V6 not a V8.

It was a little complex to get to know and work on but now that I kinda understand how they work its easy. 96 and 97 are good years cause they are the newer Vortec but dont have the anti-theft system in the computer, you can start it without the key/ignition if you ever wanted to convert it to a push button start. I run a 1996 computer in my 2001 motor. Works great.

yeah i figure the motor will have enough power for a little while and i can always throw my 350 in it later on, after i do the axles and see how it does.