• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 truggy build

tj40ounce

Started with this a short while ago...

newpictures056nm1.jpg

to this...

tjrunnertruggyjan07005nr1.jpg

I posted all the pics, info on pbb if anyone is interested...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544954

Symon623 said:
Should be a nice setup.

Lookin forward to updates.

Ditch the leaves though... :D

The fronts are staying for now. The rear 63" chevy springs are going as soon as I get the rear cage section done w/coil mounts etc. I have always hated the chevy springs. They are stiff and long as hell.:mad:

tj40ounce said:
The fronts are staying for now. The rear 63" chevy springs are going as soon as I get the rear cage section done w/coil mounts etc. I have always hated the chevy springs. They are stiff and long as hell.:mad:

I saw this thing on Pirate and was wondering what was up but the pic you have here (The right place) with the cab on the chassis is sweet......You puttin doors and "normal" interior in it?

Hated leaves for over 12 years now......love my coils/links. New rig is gettin em too.

Symon623 said:
I saw this thing on Pirate and was wondering what was up but the pic you have here (The right place) with the cab on the chassis is sweet......You puttin doors and "normal" interior in it?

Doors yes, but I still need to find a driver door. I want to get rid of the electric locks and power windows though. Need to go to a PNP or find someone who wants to swap the door panels, guts, etc... I would like to run half doors in the summer but that is down on the todo list...

Interior is going to be very minimal. Not going to run the stock dash, only the heater. The headliner and moonroof are still in tact. But I took all the carpet, plugs, etc out since it makes it easier to clean out.

sick. good idea on the "capping it off" with the back of the standard cab. i always thought about capping off the back of a second gen runner. stoked to see if it works out! godspeed.:cool:

tj40ounce said:
Doors yes, but I still need to find a driver door. I want to get rid of the electric locks and power windows though. Need to go to a PNP or find someone who wants to swap the door panels, guts, etc... I would like to run half doors in the summer but that is down on the todo list...

Interior is going to be very minimal. Not going to run the stock dash, only the heater. The headliner and moonroof are still in tact. But I took all the carpet, plugs, etc out since it makes it easier to clean out.

Odie (Megatoy66 on here) prolly has something??

My brother is out in Eatonville mostly has 1st and 2nd gen truck/1st gen 4runner stuff.

Keep us posted...will be sweet.

Symon623 said:
Odie (Megatoy66 on here) prolly has something??

My brother is out in Eatonville mostly has 1st and 2nd gen truck/1st gen 4runner stuff.

Keep us posted...will be sweet.

I should have asked odie when I was out at his place picking up a winch and trading him my regular cab doors... :mad:

Made some progress this weekend, not as much as I wanted but I'm glad I was able to put some hours in..

Big thanks to Mike (fprbrooks) for drinking my:beer: and going to town with the sawzall

Picked up a hyraulic pump that was used on a boom truck.
tjrunnertruggyjan07021pz0.jpg

Erik D_Lux hooked me up with a radiator out of a LS1 powered Camaro.
tjrunnertruggyjan07022ot4.jpg

Mike helped me remove the stock rubber mounts and get the body mounted solid to the frame. This allowed me to section the body down over the frame about an inch. I'm going for low COG and I'm not afraid of sheet metal. What I lost in ground clearance at the rockers, I will make up when I cut the rockers off (next time..) We also got the pedals mounted and the hole for the clutch master cylinder drilled in the runner firewall.

We spent most of Saturday afternoon cutting up the back section of the stock cab. After a lot of mock up and sawzall action we got the back of the truck cab mocked up on the runner.
tjrunnertruggyjan07020df2.jpg

After countless tack welds and prep work it was time for 'bondo.'
tjrunnertruggyjan07023uk8.jpg

There is still a little more finish work left to be done, but I am very happy with the way it turned out. Too bad Toyota didn't offer a quad cab truck sooner...
tjrunnertruggyjan07024hi2.jpg

My two year old approves... I'm not sure who the chunky ugly dude is...
tjrunnertruggyjan07025we3.jpg

The top rain gutters were blended into the new sheetmetal.
tjrunnertruggyjan07028am3.jpg

tjrunnertruggyjan07027qu1.jpg

more..
tjrunnertruggyjan07026yo4.jpg

I need to pick up 36"x6' piece of sheetmetal to finish off the back of the lower cab section. My dad has access to a bead roller at work and will give it some extra strenf'....

I'm looking forward to getting the motor in next time.. I'm still waiting on a some parts to finish the motor swap and I should be good to go after that.

Very nice work!! It looks great! sorry I don't have door for you but I will see if I can find a reasonable one for you. :beer: :beer:

iceman said:
no need for bondo,,,,,,,,just gunna pop out anyway.....and get dented....looks great though:D

not much bondo there... 90% ended up on the floor after hours of sanding. Plan to have a Double C pillar hoop as well. Regardless, it is still a trail rig that will get beat up, but it is hard to draw the line on how nice to make something. My dad is a perfectionist as well and he wanted to keep going :cool: .