• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

40 spline build wheel bearings

ldudley

Just wondering if anyone has the part numbers for the bearings and seals for a 40 spline solid spindle and hubs? I just feel that the price on a few of the web sights are higher than they should be just for 4 bearings, races and 2 seals ..?!

ldudley said:
Just wondering if anyone has the part numbers for the bearings and seals for a 40 spline solid spindle and hubs? I just feel that the price on a few of the web sights are higher than they should be just for 4 bearings, races and 2 seals ..?!

Wish I could help. They are just off the shelf bearings/seals. Call Solid I'm sure they will give you the part #s.

From wild west offroad:

"The outer bearing part number is #L507949/L507910
Hardware is N-11 nut & W-11 washer.

You can get them from us in a kit or source them yourself."

Inner bearing and seal is stock D60 stuff

TBItoy said:
From wild west offroad:

"The outer bearing part number is #L507949/L507910
Hardware is N-11 nut & W-11 washer.

You can get them from us in a kit or source them yourself."

Inner bearing and seal is stock D60 stuff

You just jogged my memory. That N11 nut and W11 lock washer is a pile of ****. I know from personal experience. I think that is old news and no one runs them anymore. You need to call Jim Jackson at Torq Motorsports. He hooked me up with the correct parts for my 40 spline stuff. Granted it was a rear axle but I was using that same nut and washer so must be a crossover there.

redneckengineered said:
You just jogged my memory. That N11 nut and W11 lock washer is a pile of ****. I know from personal experience. I think that is old news and no one runs them anymore. You need to call Jim Jackson at Torq Motorsports. He hooked me up with the correct parts for my 40 spline stuff. Granted it was a rear axle but I was using that same nut and washer so must be a crossover there.

Cool, I just google'd on pirate and copied the first thing that popped up.

I remembered doing research on parts back when I had some 99-04 unit bearing axles.

stage8 makes a replacement for the N11
https://store.stage8.com/p/xn-11rh-x-lock-direct-replacement-for-n-11-nut-on-40-spline-axles-right-hand-thread

Incase anyone is wondering Timken and koyo are the only ones who make the bearings that it takes for the outer. So your just as well off to order the "kit" that solid or branik offers. There is no cost difference by the time I pay for shipping and buy good inners and seals.