• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

42 Flat Fender build...

Jeepasaurusrex

Now that I have my 82 back on the road/trail, my brain has shifted to building up my 42 GPW rock crawler. This is going to be basically a 2 seat buggy with a Flatty body on it.

My first thoughts are what engine to use. I've been thinking about using a EFI 5.0 for power, the engine fits nicely under the hood. So do a 5.3/6.0 Chevy.
I've already decided, no matter what motor, I'm going to use a manual valve body auto behind it.

Then comes the transfercase. I kinda am set on using an Atlas, but I'm open to ideas. Which drop will be determined by what front axle I use.

The front axle I have in mind is a full width Ford Dana HP60. But, if I come across a pass drop 60 front, then I may end up changing the T-case. That part of the build will be determined by what front I find.

So, this is what I have been laying awake at night thinking about. What are your thoughts? :redneck::corn:

I could take pics of the body sitting out behind the shop, but they won't do any good at this point... LOL

I have however, been image searching for ideas on Google.
:corn:

will be looking forward to seeing this progress...

I have been collecting parts for the same thing...

Just need to get my other jeep back together before i start it and finally get my tube bender to some use...

I have a fuel injected 5.0 with full harness and computer already pulled that I was going to put in my cruiser i'd sell you for cheap. It is not the High output version.

Sounds like fun...stay with 5.0
My buddy at work is picking up his 48 willys next Wednesday...he just bought it.its running a 5.0 but other then that stock