• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

67 gmc street legal mud truck build

jabnasty

Going with a turbo'd 6.0 4l80 3.0 atlas 14 bolts front and rear. Its a factory ac truck so that will work also. ORI's front coilovers in the rear with minimal lift on the new 42" boggers, the fenders will be cut most likely to the tops.
Heres a couple of pics so far.
IMG_5080.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Build will start off slow we have been doing 6 12hr days at work and its a little hard to go home and weld when I already weld all day. I did get the shop cleaned out and ready to pull the truck in for tear down. I was going to build my own frame but will now just plate the stock one. Motor will be dropped off at my builders for a going through to make sure its good will all new bearings, cam, oil pump, and all ARP bolts.

While working on the frame and suspension the cab will go to my body guy for paint which should come out show quality, I know a little over kill but it will be a street truck also and im wanting it to look good till at least the first ride.
Im hoping for about a 4 month build but it all depends on work.

I talked to Grant, he said we could have a full turbo setup for less than we were talking, with intercooler, BOV, wastegate etc. Probably will have to spring for another $150 piece that serves as the Mass.
Which 6.0 you going to use, 4 or 9? I'll ask the turbo guy to see what he thinks as well.

Whichever one will work better but I need to know by Friday because that's when one will head north to the builder. Nope still haven't found a 4l80 yet.

Turbo guy recommended something similar to a z06 cam and springs, he can spec one and have it ground and sell a spring kit, or we can find a takout and be within a couple % 0f the end HP that it would give for 1/8 the price. If you just want the specs, I might be able to get them, otherwise, he's in the business of selling cams. If he specs it, he will probably grind and sell it to you. He said if you can find a z06 cam and springs, do that. I'm checking at the local dyno shop as well.
He recommends a 60mm single with a t4 sized turbine housing to make it spool fast since you aren't going for more than about 8psi. Should end up at a fuzz under 500 horse to just over depending on tuning. I'm getting pricing and whatnot later when he's not at his dayjob

60mm is tiny!!!! I run a 67 on a 3.8!!! He needs at least a 76 on 12lbs, with a 02-04 ZO6 cam and NO other mods it will make 750 at the crank, EASY!!!!

On pump gas with unlimited reliability.
If he wants more power, he has to go bigger. I was basing my convo with the turbo guy off what Matt and I had discussed. I'm aware the 6.0 has F-loads of potential to make cheap cheap power with boost. I think 650 is about all he wants to go on the stock bottom end for years of reliability.

Yes 650 at the crank is what I want, this truck will get street driven alot prob taken to the drag strip, and of course mud drags/ pits. Reliability is a concern but making it fairly fast is to.