• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

90 toyota build

jjduedall

ive been readin on here for a while now and decided to register and share my truck and build. anyhow i figured i would sign up and show ya the minor buildup im working on. im 16 and still in highschool so money is pretty tight. so for the build:

first off i picked up a 90 yota standard cab short bed with perfect body and interior in need of a timing belt = $1000

traded the canopy that was on it for a brand new husky truck box = $free

4'' IFS lift for 150 bucks = $150

2'' lift shackles from = $35

4 black steelies 15x8 = $40

4 315/85/15(measure 36x12.50) 99% tread buckshot mudders = $425

brand new dynomax super turbo muffler = $20

sunpro tach = $free from toyota my grandfather bought

B&M shift knob = same as above FREE!!

so far everything has been used of ive got it very cheep. so to finish up i still need :

* shocks
*brake lines
*blocks:(
*2'' body lift
*gears

and i should be about done.

keep posted i should be getting pics of all the stuff soon

buildup001qz6.jpg

buildup002lv4.jpg

buildup003tv4.jpg

buildup004tz9.jpg

buildup007kf1.jpg

shackles003xh2.jpg

i was actually thinking about no body lift and some fender trimmin? these tires arent quite as wide as most 12.50's so :clappy: ... so what yall think about trimmin instead of a BL

i was acutally lookin on ebay and seen they sell the lift pucks for like a couple bucks a piece.. i figured i could make my own bumper bracket.. do i need a steering extension for 2 inch???

jjduedall said:
i was acutally lookin on ebay and seen they sell the lift pucks for like a couple bucks a piece.. i figured i could make my own bumper bracket.. do i need a steering extension for 2 inch???

Ya--you dril/melt the plastic that holds the slip collar and extend it/weld it..

is it an automatic? If its a stick you might need to extended yer stick to otherwise it may not go into gear all the way but it depends a lot on the rig when it comes to that

OK heres a BL Q?

Shoud I/We use a 2" BL and make the belly flat? of no BL and build a "boat side" type of flat belly 2" below the rails?

yea this is going to be a good project after it is all dont get some more pics up of it jay i know your mom has got a sick camera

well i ran into a delay today.. i have surgery on the 18th of december to repair a hernia..:puke: ..im sick of damn surgery's lol. so looks like my truck will be done around mid january.:booo:

jjduedall said:
well i ran into a delay today.. i have surgery on the 18th of december to repair a hernia..:puke: ..im sick of damn surgery's lol. so looks like my truck will be done around mid january.:booo:

Bummer dude. Hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery though

jay you just got this done like not even a year ago you need to get an air compressor and air guns to do yuor work so you can keep it light cuz you dont have another side of that area to cut open hahah :kissmyass: but why dont you get out there and try to get it dont i though you were going to try the other night to finish it up any wayz get it done :flipoff: :cheer:

ya trav i got some done.. i just went into the shop tonight and started hackin away at some aluminum that now looks somewhat similar to a wheel spacer :redneck:

by the way, i do have a couple impact wrenches and and air compressor.. they just happen to be 80 miles away. :mad: so ill tough er' out,:cool:

welll i knew that one i know were they are i though you were going up there to get them and bring them back down?:rolleyes: