• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alabama Law is awesome ...... ( sarcasm... )

P

If its free, its P
Its legal in the state of Bama to ride in the bed of a pickem up truck if you are at least 15. Apparently by law its treated like the "backseat " of a car, and if you are 15 or older you dont have to wear a seaty belt.

( I heard this on the news after some kids were killed this weekend and like 4 or 5 were in the bed of a pick em up )

Reminds me when I was a kid and we used to go on road trips in the bed of my moms # whatever husbands pick em up, my uncle would ask me to "hand him the cigarette" from under the padding and blankets ( joint ) while he was swillin Coors light and cussin like a sailor.

I miss my uncle ! I love that guy laughing1

lol

I spent many hours riding on the tailgate trying to keep my legs from getting squished.

Hell, we had lawn darts and wrist rockets before every dumbass in the free world starting getting killed doing stupid ****.

skully

I want lawn darts soooo bad! Bid on a seet a couple years back on Ebay and the auction was canceled by Ebay. :eek: Looked it up, the Feds BANNED them in the 70's

Parents had some, but could not find them when they moved a few years ago. :'(

jarts.jpg

Lawn darts are the ****... damn I wish I still had ours from when I was a kid ! Impossible to find now. laughing1 drool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawn_darts

Banned from sale in the U.S. and Canada

While the tip may not be sharp enough to be obviously dangerous, when misused, these darts can cause skull punctures and other serious injuries.

On December 19, 1988, all lawn darts were banned from sale in the United States by the Consumer Product Safety Commission[1]. Shortly after, in 1989, they were also banned in Canada.[2] Lawn darts, used in an outdoor game, have been responsible for the deaths of three children, the latest being in early 1997 near Elkhart, Indiana.[1]

You can now find new "safety" lawn darts in a few stores around the United States.

Lawn darts are no more dangerous than shooting an arrow straight into the air and trying to catch it. yes, we did this as children and my mom beat my ass for it.

I also remember being the human skeet launcher throwing various objects straight above my head so my brother could shoot them with a shotgun. (Obviously, we did this when mom and dad weren't home).

We lived in the sticks and this WAS our entertainment. No wonder we never had plans beyond our teens, we should have died doing stupid **** many years ago. :woody:

I got a set! skully
All those years growing up working estate sales, I picked up some cool ****. :flipgotcha:

Deep South said:
Lawn darts are no more dangerous than shooting an arrow straight into the air and trying to catch it. yes, we did this as children and my mom beat my ass for it.

LOL - I did that a few times myself. Was just talking to a guy here in teh office about that. Kids just can't get away with anything fun these days

I stuck a real dart in a kids head... we were in my basement playin darts with the old school dart board my dad had. he went to get his and i was gonna scare him and hit the dart board, went to throw it over his head , hit some plumbing **** and bounced downward hitting and sticking in his head ! laughing1 The howl he let out was awesome ! molaugh skully

We had a rock fight....yes we were that WT. I smacked a kid in the forehead and instant blood spewed. I ran into the cabin while he cried to his Mom. I played dumb. molaugh

Bones said:
We had a rock fight....yes we were that WT. I smacked a kid in the forehead and instant blood spewed. I ran into the cabin while he cried to his Mom. I played dumb. molaugh

i have a nice scar on my lip from a catapult war during a rock fight.... catapult's with 2x4's was like calling in the artillery man !! molaugh