• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another tacoma build

pos97TJ

Another tacoma build w/ update pics

I got wrangled into swapping a solid axle into a buddies tacoma so I figured I would share some pics. He bought the sky hanger kit and I narrowed a HP dana 44 down to 64" for him. Here are some pics of day 1...

10781t5.jpg
[/IMG]
stripped down and ready to start cutting
2rcwznn.jpg
[/IMG]
let the cutting begin
b4ux49.jpg
[/IMG]
got her cut now for the grinding which youve all seen so we'll skip to the putting stuff on:redneck:
35anpte.jpg
[/IMG]
vem8zs.jpg

well thats day 1 tommorow we will swap out the oil pan and try to get the shackles on and maybe even the front end in:D

Last edited:
Them are some pretty welds :cool:

Thank you jaydog:awesomework:

I made a little more progress today, not much but progress is progress:D

I put on the rear sump oil pan, put a couple of plates on the front hanger w/ some nuts welded to help mount the front bumper, painted some stuff up and started eyeballin the shackle mounts.

mu7sj9.jpg

painted frontend and start of a spring plate
289vqc6.jpg

I have skys french in shackle mounts and I am trying to figure where to mount them in as his kit didn't come with measurements from the spring eye back to the shackle mount or anything. I was planning on making the shackle mount 45" back from the spring eye(I squished the springs and they are around 44"-45") I figure after they settle that should give them a decent shackle angle but when I look on his site the mount looks to be closer to 47-48" back. Any Ideas?

I have the shafts done by a guy in federal way. He does them for a real reasonable price. It is 55 a piece for harderned shafts.

I think I was 44" eye to eye with a MC 47" spring and 6" shackle and it's ok. Could have been 43.5 for a little better angle. But my shackle hangars aren't frenched so that might make a difference for you

I think I was 44" eye to eye with a MC 47" spring and 6" shackle and it's ok. Could have been 43.5 for a little better angle. But my shackle hangars aren't frenched so that might make a difference for you

We got ahold of sky and it is 44-441/2 inches. must be because the mount is frenched in. thanks though:awesomework:

got a little more accomplished on friday

frenched in mounts
15f6ibq.jpg

blingin four bolt outer knuckles
29cukoo.jpg

burly billet steering arms
2vmg2on.jpg

and front all together with steering attached
zvtys5.jpg

We will do more next weekend hopefully get the steering box mounted and a new shaft and ps lines in and maybe the shock towers also. Depends on how much beer we go through i guess:D

Last edited:
Nice job so far but I have a question... WTF is the story behind the driver side perch? The springs are supposed to be on top of the perch not spaced off to the side. And the passenger side perch looks crooked.. Whats the deal? Too much beer? :D

Nice job so far but I have a question... WTF is the story behind the driver side perch? The springs are supposed to be on top of the perch not spaced off to the side. And the passenger side perch looks crooked.. Whats the deal? Too much beer? :D

If you look close you can see he added an extra wide perch mount.
My guess was for driveshaft centering....????

We narrowed the long side of the housing and left the short side stock and with the 31.5" spring width that skys hanger had the spring on the drivers side ended up right on the edge of the mount so I made it wider to relocate the mount. The spring perch is straight it must be the picture angle or something:eeek:. And too much beer.... never heard of such a thing:D

here is a few update pics, I still have to finish the steering throw on some frame plating, shock hoops, brake lines and then it is in with the crawl box.

got the front bumper on today
k2xwgk.jpg

figured I would add some badass offroad lights and a winch for ya dan:fawkdancesmiley:
2w20t9e.jpg

Latest posts